The immortal iron fist season 2 (I'm posting about the ending straight away, spoilers)

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
OMGWTFBBQ Orson Randall and his gun-fu are in season 3!

This season was better than the last, mainly because of the hand not being the villains (thank jesus), with a more personal plot that had several decent twists and a good overarching theme of finding oneself for several characters. There's definite scope for a Misty/Colleen spin off (they are a team in the comics) however it looks like heroes for hire is on hold for now.

Walker/Mary was an interesting character, especially regarding it's semi-realistic portrayal of DID (odd triggers, the memory gaps) and methods used to cope (Notes etc.).

Ward's arc was stop-start but he's still a dark mirror to Danny- lost on a path and wanting to find out who he is. Joy is just a bit fucked up, realises she's in too deep and tries to repent, but fails.

The fight scenes are more plentiful, a lot tighter and a lot tenser - Davos vs. Danny fights were always interesting as they're equally matched but Davos is more ruthless/underhanded but Danny often has a ploy. Davos being a mummy's boy was an interesting red herring/a look into his mind as to how he justifies his path.

My main fanboi disappointment - the crane sisters being tattoo artists and not the crane sisters from the comics (members of the crane mother's holy city of heaven, their life energy used by Davos as a fuel source when he takes the mantle of the steel phoenix)

Overall - impressed. The ending has me fanboying so so so much (Immortal iron fist was the first full series of comic books I owned, including getting some for my 18th birthday) and I can't wait for season 3, which is far more than I can say about season one and the defenders.