The Impossible Yahtzee Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Impossible Yahtzee Quiz!

Yahtzee wrote this quiz himself. That's all we're saying.

Zero Punctuation maestro Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw came to visit The Escapist's home offices recently. We thought he was just keeping quietly to himself, but as it turns out, he was actually surreptitiously mucking around with our stuff, which is how you come to be taking his Impossible Quiz this week, instead of the one we had originally scheduled.

What makes it so Impossible? Oh, you'll see soon enough. The good news is that you'll earn a special badge for getting 100%. The bad news is that getting 100% is going to be a bit...problematic. (You can try as many times as you like, though.)

As always, you can take as long as you like to finish the quiz, but your time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

Good luck. You're going to need it. (Take the quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/39].)

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
How did a reply show up before the thread? or is that just happening to me? Anyway, 4 minutes and 5 tries later I got 100%. Am I sad for bothering?

Woem

May 28, 2009
It's a case of pre-published content.

I'm second with 100%.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Barky13 said:
How did a reply show up before the thread? or is that just happening to me? Anyway, 4 minutes and 5 tries later I got 100%. Am I sad for bothering?
No, I see it too. That's terribly odd.

Yahtzee's quiz is quite hard. Since I never retry quizzes, I'll settle for 50%.

Not bad all things considered.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Well,it's kind of impossible. Not because the questions are really obscure,but because Yahtzee was dicking around when composing it. But only tough questions are about numbers.

Also,first guy on the list is kind of suspicious,or just really really lucky.

Hmm. A reply before the news post,some strange guy at the top of a list... My bullcrap sense is tingling. I'm not gonna strive for 100%.

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Wow, I got 9 out of 10 first time, and all 10 second... does that mean I'm on the same wavelength as Yahtzee!? (That's quite a scary thought)

Woem

May 28, 2009
sune-ku said:
Wow, I got 9 out of 10 first time, and all 10 second... does that mean I'm on the same wavelength as Yahtzee!? (That's quite a scary thought)
Yeah I noticed your score. I thought you either knew the answers, or your mind works in an awkwardly similar way to Yahtzee's.

I guess it's the latter :/

GoogleFett

Jul 16, 2009
20% on my first try only because i took most of those questions not seriously. at least i know what the internet is according to the quiz and one other one question i just forgot...

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
6 tries, a 100%. Though to be honest, only 50% correct after the first try :)

And yes, a nice quiz in a patented in-your-face ZP style while still making me think WTF and laugh my ass off at the same time.

Call me a retarded perfectionist, but I just had to know which one was the correct answer.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
100%, after trying several times... I have so little to do that I'm doing something this pointless?

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Woem said:
Yeah I noticed your score. I thought you either knew the answers, or your mind works in an awkwardly similar way to Yahtzee's.

I guess it's the latter :/
The answers just seemed... right...

Oh dear, that can't be a good thing.