The Increadibles 2 trailer.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

From the story presented in the trailer thus far, it likes more or less like a reverse of the first movie.

Helen Parr wanted to stay home and be a normal person raising the family, Bob Parr still longs for the glory days and does Superhero stuff.

Now its Helen that's playing Superhero while Bob is raising the family.

If this was shown to me around 10 years ago, I would have lost my shit, now.....I am not feeling it, mabye on DVD, but I am not that hyped for the movie. I guess its too little, too late. They should have done this earlier instead of CARS sequels.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I wonder if this is a great media climate for this movie. We're saturated with super hero movies these days, well made ones too.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Oh god, I see where this is going...

Film's released, and people say it's promoting feminism, because Bob's staying home while Helen's being a hero, and it's imasculating, and women are ruining movies, and gah!

But even if that doesn't happen and we duck another Internet shitstorm, my feelings are...meh? Granted, my feelings on Incredibles have always been meh (always considered it one of Pixar's overrated movies), but even that aside, the premise seems iffy. Apparently the world still doesn't want supers around, and instead of Bob being drawn in by a shady businesswoman, it's Helen being drawn in by a shady businessman. In essence, the same film as the first one, only with Bob and Helen switching roles.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Hawki said:
Oh god, I see where this is going...

Film's released, and people say it's promoting feminism, because Bob's staying home while Helen's being a hero, and it's imasculating, and women are ruining movies, and gah!
Don't forget the other side, that the movie isn't inclusive enough.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
A real shame they couldn't have got this sorted out sooner before the supporting cast died (Mirage) or retired (Rick Dicker)... the Sin City 2 problem.

Pallindromemordnillap said:
Seems kind of cliche to be honest. All those "oh no, the dad can't take care of the kids!" brand wacky shenanigans
Yeah, this was my take too. I mean, I'll still watch the hell out of it (I love the first one too much not to), but that joke is old (even for a movie as consciously retro as The Incredibles).

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I still think that the fact they decided to return to this and make this movie is in a large part Shadman's fault.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Nile McMorrow said:
I still think that the fact they decided to return to this and make this movie is in a large part Shadman's fault.
....Who?
Well my friend if you don't know then you're still fairly innocent on these internets. While I wouldn't suggest googling him:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shadman
Should give you some idea who he is, also just know he like the Incredibles a lot, particularly Helen Parr.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
These English fucking voices... I love Holly Hunter, but she's so old now. And Brad Bird.

I was 12 when the first movie came out and went to see it on the big screen and liked it too. This is just another cash grab and toy fodder, but up to a point you could say the same thing about the first one also.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
I would have to see more of it to really get a feel for whether it would be good enough, my main point being that the Underminer needs to not be the primary antagonist,he was a gimmick at the end as the standard 'villians are back' thing to end the movie off,having him as the main villain, would feel slack. Plus i really don't want the movie just to focus of various situations where Jack Jack is getting in trouble and the family has to work around him. I don't need the start of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 but as a whole movie.

Biggest other thing I cant unsee is just how ever so slightly different the character models are, new technology and what not, but there is something just ever so slightly more detailed about them and I cant pinpoint exactly what. May be the hair, its just im so use to how they look in the first movie that having them back and ever so slightly different looking is irrationally bothering me.