The Insanest thing you've ever seen.

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
Basically, what's the most insane thing in any game of any sort? For me, I have to say watching two thousand people try to command a single character in Pokemon Red [http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon] to be the literally most insane thing I have ever seen. Ever.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
The entire game know as Asura's Wrath. Everything from the first to last missions is filled with insane, over the top action. You have space squids, giant elephants, rhinos, gorillas, turtles, and a cobra-turtle hybrid. One the other side you have Gods with nearly unlimited power. It's all just do over the top.

Oct 2, 2010
Tower to Tower. It was a trick proposed for Halo 1 in 2004, and finally completed in 2011. The goal is to launch from the top of one blue beam tower on the level Halo to the top of the other. Those two locations are extremely far apart, extremely small, and neither were supposed to be accessible to the player in the first place. It's basically completely insane. The best horizontal launching techniques that were developed were just barely (mere frames on a ~7-second launch) fast enough to not result in a fall timer death, and you have to precisely strike an angled surface just right so the regular fall damage doesn't kill you. Many of the tricking techniques involved in the trick's final successful setup simply didn't exist when the trick was proposed in 2004, and even within months of its completion in 2011, people were still debating whether it was actually possible.

Full video, including history and setup [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNnIG_t-TE0]
The launch by itself [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnacGaLlnps]

//========================

Hehe, that TwitchPlaysPokemon thing is amazing.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Probably someone collapse on the dancefloor then have an incredibly violent seizure (mouth foam and everything).
I then had to embark on a mission to get the paramedics.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Exploding Lambs in Warcraft III
It was insane at the time, now it's just fun :D

Coakle

Nov 21, 2013
Watching the Mario 64 Speed Run with all 120 stars

EDIT: Watching that Pokemon game is strangely hypnotic.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Yeah, I have to agree with you, OP, watching Twitch play pokemon was a bit insane. It was hilarious watching them just trying to get to Misty. I couldn't believe they even made it out of pallet town! Oh wow, just noticed that they have actually gotten past Misty now. Well done Twitch!

I once saw Ocarina of Time beaten in about 25 minutes, that was a bit crazy. But really fascinating since the guy who did it explained everything and was great.

And Deadly Premonition. All of it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Coakle said:
Watching the Mario 64 Speed Run with all 120 stars

My favorite bouts of game insanity come in the form of those always delightful physics glitches. I'm talking about where stuff just goes flying off into the air for absolutely no reason. If any of you have ever watched the Halo Fails of the Week videos by Rooster Teeth, you should know what I'm talking about. A tank just driving along before suddenly getting launched off into the distance at a ridiculous speed.

I don't know if it's a glitch or if they intentionally made it that way, but whenever a giant in Skyrim does the ground slam attack with it's hammer on someone, the target effectively gets sent into orbit. First time I saw that in my game was during the Daedric quest where you have to go kill some giants with an Orc chieftan. He charges on ahead and then...well...he kinda just wasn't there anymore. :p

Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
i got a couple of favorites, if by insane you mean impressive

when you first arrive to city 17

the last colossus in shadow of the colossus

the shagohod chase in MGS3S

your first 10 or so minutes in columbia in bioshock infinite, from the stupidly elaborate church, to when you first step out of it and enter the city

also this is also pretty damn impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4

they glitched super mario world in such a way, they programmed another game into the game, namely pong and snake

the run was tool assisted of course

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Brad Dourif in Myst III is a contender.

Beating Morrowind in fifteen minutes was another good one.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The rape scene in Far Cry 3, probably. It's the only time I've played a game where I remember my jaw dropping. Either it didn't spark much of a discussion or I just missed it, because I didn't play the game at launch and I was unaware of that scene.

If you're after the cool kind of insane it must've been when I first saw the gameplay trailer for Diablo 3. Fuck did it look awesome and holy fuck was I hyped. Pity the game itself was shit. :(

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
You think 2000 people playing it was crazy? When I was watching it last night there were 50,000 people on it and they spent over 3 hours trying to cut down tree blocking the way into Celadon gym then there was a tug of war once they got inside over whether to walk back to the pokemon center and heal or die to the trainer because its quicker.

After an hour of that they managed to agro one of the remaining trainers but ended up winning the fight with their paralyzed 20% health final pokemon. They eventually made their way over to the other trainer and died.

The best part was when they spent over 10 hours on the same road because you have to walk near a ledge and they couldn't get past it without someone pressing down. Victory road is going to be hell for them.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
delta4062 said:
DanielBrown said:
The rape scene in Far Cry 3, probably. It's the only time I've played a game where I remember my jaw dropping. Either it didn't spark much of a discussion or I just missed it, because I didn't play the game at launch and I was unaware of that scene.

If you're after the cool kind of insane it must've been when I first saw the gameplay trailer for Diablo 3. Fuck did it look awesome and holy fuck was I hyped. Pity the game itself was shit. :(
There is no rape scene in that game. If you're talking about the one with Brody that still isn't rape. If you're talking about Buck however, we're never shown that.
Spoilers, but yes there was a rape scene and it was bonkers.
As Jason did not provide consent to have sex with Citra, the fact that they had sex means that Jason was raped by Citra. If this does not count, then " Rohypnol Dates" don't count and you are a despicable person :p
It's a product of traditional gender roles that it's not more apparent, hell I didn't think of it until someone explained i to me.
Also the visuals were awesome and insane.