The Internet is honest - RL is a lie

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
i think this when I read about the gay-bashing article.

its true that gay-bashing people are prejudiced idiots.
BUT if they tell you they hate you, at least they are honest prejudiecd idiots.

if prefer this to RL where everyone smiles at you then fucks you behind your back.

tank you

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Mhm, I've said it time and again: people are their most honest when they don't think anyone is watching, when they think they're anonymous.

If you're interested in the theme I'd recommend reading some work by Ervin Goffman. He talks about how basically we all wear masks and social life is basically a gigantic theater.

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
snowplow post=18.72524.763446 said:
its a series of tubes!!!
I like to think of The series of tubes as wearin' a Tuxedo T-shirt, 'cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too."

I'm terribly honest in RL and don't really make exceptions around people when saying jokes around people

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
mspencer82 post=18.72524.763484 said:
I'm totally a lesbian supermodel millionaire by the way.
Me too, we should meet together and make sweet lesbian supermodel love.

Also, i agree with your statement. People are much more vocal on the internet but the internet is not serious business so why would anyone care what people are saying on the internet? truth or not.

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
Zallest post=18.72524.763502 said:
...but the internet is not serious business so why would anyone care what people are saying on the internet? truth or not.
if that's true, then why do you post this?

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
mspencer82 post=18.72524.763484 said:
I don't know if people are more honest on the internet, just less restrained. Anonymity can do wonders for someone with a bad personality. I really don't think a closet gay-basher is going to be more open about it on the internet, just more vocal.

So the internet? Not honest.

I'm totally a lesbian supermodel millionaire by the way.
ok have to be more detail sorry.
people opinions are more honest.

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
SunoffaBeach post=18.72524.763533 said:
Why? because I was gifted with a brain and two hands so i figure why not use such a wonderful gift to its fullest and waste time posting things on internet forums.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
SunoffaBeach post=18.72524.763429 said:
i think this when I read about the gay-bashing article.

its true that gay-bashing people are prejudiced idiots.
BUT if they tell you they hate you, at least they are honest prejudiecd idiots.

if prefer this to RL where everyone smiles at you then fucks you behind your back.

tank you
I'm often the person fucking behind other people's backs...guess I'm an asshole. ;/

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
Zallest post=18.72524.763547 said:
SunoffaBeach post=18.72524.763533 said:
Why? because I was gifted with a brain and two hands so i figure why not use such a wonderful gift to its fullest and waste time posting things on internet forums.
try harder

Madrak the Red

Sep 6, 2008
People are likely to be braver on the internet, because they cannot get lynched. Also, it means that people who would usually be shy are not, because they're just typing to a general, faceless audience.

Also, only the cake is a lie.

....sorry, but I felt a compulsion to do that.

Hybrid_Element

Sep 20, 2008
(I could be writing my book right now, but I chose to post on a fourm! I'm gonna be a succesful person!)

I guess its better in a few aspects, no one can do you bodily harm on the web (can they? o0...not some new bug to make my computer explode is there?) but it is by no means better than real air.

The internet is a place where a 50 year old man can pretend to be anyone, including a teen boy and trick some innocent (not informed??) child into coming to his house for rape...That isn't excactly honest 0o..o0

Edit Add: But I guess if person can hide behind something fake, they feel no fear about screaming out their feelings about us LGBTs...

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
Hybrid_Element post=18.72524.763606 said:
(I could be writing my book right now, but I chose to post on a fourm!I'm gonna be a succesful person!)

I guess its better in a few aspects, no one can do you bodily harm on the web (can they? o0...not some new bug to make my computer explode is there?) but it is by no means better than real air.

The internet is a place where a 50 year old man can pretend to be anyone, including a teen boy and trick some innocent (not informed??) child into coming to his house for rape...

That isn't excactly honest 0o..o0
old argument. see mspencer82
internet not only honest, also very fast.