The iPad is Big, But This Touchscreen is Freaking Huge

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Cowabungaa said:
SamuelT said:
Snap. GRONINGEN of all places. It's the biggest farmland there is.

Still, pretty cool.
But I bet they're not as hick-like as here in the Betuwe, or the Achterhoek for that matter. I mean, they've got a giant touchscreen! We have...erm...um...broadcasts of 'Doctor' Hovind. *sigh*
Man, Brabant, Roosendaal here is still the most hill-billy place, if I had to guess. The most major college we've got is Adult College. Yeah, that bad.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
This new iWall kinda reminds me of that TV/Window thing from Total Recall.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Yes, lets call it the iWall. Why not just start giving Apple things to brand and overprice? They deserve recognition for everything, because they are perfect in every way and this should be rewarded with free technology from us lowly mortals who dare use technology that isn't also modern art. For shame on us. Apple will improve this new technology by implementing lots of DRM and removing the ability to make more than 2 touches at any one time, to discourage sharing of the device, for if you want to use one, you should buy your own. Can't? Then eat dirt worm.

Did... did I just black out for a moment?

I enoyed this video.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
FPWTS (First Person Wall Touch Screen)

This would make motion control actually seem cool. I want to see this tech expanded! I really want to play Civ V on this screen.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
SamuelT said:
Cowabungaa said:
SamuelT said:

Still, pretty cool.
But I bet they're not as hick-like as here in the Betuwe, or the Achterhoek for that matter. I mean, they've got a giant touchscreen! We have...erm...um...broadcasts of 'Doctor' Hovind. *sigh*
Man, Brabant, Roosendaal here is still the most hill-billy place, if I had to guess. The most major college we've got is Adult College. Yeah, that bad.
Roosendaal has over 75.000 inhabitants. The whole municipality I live in has around 12.000 inhabitants, my own village about 400 people. We don't even have a high school in these parts, just teeny tiny primary schools. Kevin Hovind (just look him up, it's almost hilarious if it wouldn't be sad) is the main source of 'scientific' information for a substantial part of the population here. Believe me, I wish I'd live in Roosendaal, praise yourself lucky.

2fish said:
FPWTS (First Person Wall Touch Screen)

This would make motion control actually seem cool. I want to see this tech expanded! I really want to play Civ V on this screen.
Ohhh, nice application. Or RTS in general. I remember the intro of World in Conflict, that general controlling his troops through a table-like touchscreen. Well...here ya go!

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Cowabungaa said:
SamuelT said:
Cowabungaa said:
SamuelT said:

Still, pretty cool.
Roosendaal has over 75.000 inhabitants. The whole municipality I live in has around 12.000 inhabitants, my own village about 400 people. We don't even have a high school in these parts, just teeny tiny primary schools. Kevin Hovind (just look him up, it's almost hilarious if it wouldn't be sad) is the main source of 'scientific' information for a substantial part of the population here. Believe me, I wish I'd live in Roosendaal, praise yourself lucky.

...Snap

To be honest, I wasn't all that aware of the minor communities around...well, anywhere in The Netherlands.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I believe this was best be used for a magic fight, as demonstrated in the video for a few seconds...

..which would be AWESOME.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
The Dutch! AGAIN!

Awesome screen, props to the University of Groningen.

Let's see whether Eindhoven or Delft can one-up this :p

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh damn, that was hot as hell.

And I reflect earlier posters thoughts on the hadoken at 0:50, wouldn't it be awesome to make a whole fighting game like that?

Karilas

Jan 6, 2010
I'd call it the "HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG FUCKING TOUCH SCREEN!"

Catchy, ain't it?

Valiard

Feb 26, 2009
hey you could totally do a game around that battle between dumbledore and voldemorte in harry potter and it would work with a touchscreen like that

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Admirable enginuity, yes, but that thing is impractical. If they could implement light or proximity sensors into that you might be able to use it for all kinds of games. Using a physical contact interface on this kind of spatial scale isn't exactly user-friendly.