The Jimquisition - Your Thoughts

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I thought it was good... But he was ripping on Heavy Rain a lot so colour me biased

Still i did laugh

"good story"

*cuts to brushing teeth*

Apr 28, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Ehhhh, it's okay. I prefer when Jim speaks with his pen.
Yeah. Not so much fun to watch, but I'll gladly read his stuff. That being said, I've watched his stuff on Destructoid. But still, he has much better articles than videos.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
From the first episode....he seemed....like........a pretentious, pompous wannabe who will not give a shit about anyone else's opinion if their very life depended on it. An incorrigible twat, basically....

But I'll have to wait till next week to see if he really IS as bad as he seemed.

Also I hate.....HATE Those banner ads. Surround the video in an Ad? REALLY, Guys!? Really!?

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
I haven't been on the boards for over a year... I came back to comment on how awful this was. Sorry.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
He seems to have a decent fan base, so I suppose he must do something people like. Though I couldn't watch for more than maybe 20 seconds, his voice is ear grading. Also I know someone said this already, but we have Extra credits, Zero Punctuation and The Big Picture. Do we really need a fourth soapbox style show?

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
It's always nice with another show engaging in meta-discussion regarding the medium. If he insists on delivering his 2 cents in front of a camera however, I'd very much advise him to sit down, get a desk in front of him, and slow down. As the first episode was delivered, him just standing in front of a wall, cursing like a pirate, he simply comes off as a raging fanboy - all credibility out off the window, in my opinion of course.

And lose the sunglasses, damn it!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I don't mind the show or premise but... man... that guy is big! Also his camera was crappy, so his suit had no definition and it just made him look like a big black blob with a head... Also the sound wasn't very good. It was ok for about 15 seconds but the rest of the time it sounded pretty faint.

Anyway I'll keep watching for now.

remulean

Mar 19, 2009
this video of his fails on so many levels. he raises some interesting points, but nothing that hasn't been done before without heavy use of profanity. not everything needs to be a dick joke and just throwing the word fuck around doesn't really make your case. secondly the format was lazy and pretentious, a fat guy in suit with glasses talking to a camera in a boring enviroment, there was zero ambition going on here, absolutely minimal work put into this. no"hi i'm jim and i'll be raping your ears for the minute and a half" or "you should listen to me rant and make dick jokes" the escapist needs something on mondays, this is not it.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
I wasn't sure about the first video but this has sold me on him, especially since I agree pretty much entirely with what he's saying (yes I just bought Dynasty Warriors, how do you know that?).

kane.malakos

Jan 7, 2011
I'll just quote myself here.
kane.malakos said:
I thought his show was okay, but I also felt like it didn't really say a whole lot. He kept saying that video games shouldn't be like movies (which I agree with wholeheartedly), but didn't really go into any detail of how or why the experiences are distinct. It felt like he was repeating himself rather than exploring the topic.

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
Meh. Bored me, then irritated me. I didn't watch the whole thing, and I doubt I'll watch more. My thoughts have been covered elsewhere. If you are really interested in peoples opinions on this, last I saw the comments section on the actual video was 20 pages long... and mostly consisted of "this is piss" or "why bother with a video when he's just standing there?"

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Jim's fighting the good fight, but he's just too weak on camera.
He's better when he's just writing it down.
This is just a pointless waste of time. Also, if you're going to make a vid, show something interesting atleast.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Like many of you, I think Jim's at his best when he's writing. The Escapist already has an abundance of videos that cover similar topics, another is just additional noise. Honestly, I think it'd be a much better idea for him to continue doing the Jimquisition on Destructoid while publishing a supplemental article here at the Escapist.

Also, I loved The Videogame Show What I've Done series on Destructoid and would be overjoyed to see him continue it here. Could inject a much-needed bit of humor into the generally "games are very serious you guys" atmosphere. Just sayin'.

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
I couldn't watch the entire episode. His speaking skills aren't really that great, and I don't think he could quite figure out how to maintain the persona he was trying to create.

Good effort, but I'm sorry :(.