The king of vaporware is dead. Hail to the king baby!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
TheLoveableMuffin said:
Maybe Final Fantasy XIII Versus. Everytime I see that they add more cinema scenes, less gameplay and in the two trailers I've watched, a new difference in graphical engine.
And I think it was supposed to come out alongside FF13 am I right?
Nah it was always supposed to come out after 13 had but the lack of any kind of word on it has been a tad ridiculous.

I just want them to finish it so I can get me some Kingdom Hearts 3.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Jandau said:
Oh, and Valve outright stated that they are not making HL3. But yeah, I suppose that deluding yourself works too... ;)
... Umm, they never said they weren't making it. If you refer to the article that the Escapist made, it was a rather misleading title. They've actually said on different occasions to "hang in there" for it. (That article was posted on the Escapist as well).

I still don't think it's going to come out, but they haven't said they weren't making it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
well, the go to will be HL, but since im not a Valve person and could honestly care less if it never came out and gabe just dropped dead I'd say Diablo 3 cause it has more influence on me.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
1-up said:
At this point Diablo 3 feels like vaporware. I remember playing that Barbarian demo they released AGES ago, forgetting about D3, then being surprised to hear the controversy over the marketplace using real money. It's been so long since I've played D2 I don't remember why I thought it was so good.
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I have to agree with Diablo 3, I remember looking at screens for it early last year and it hasn't even been announced yet.

Surely the tech will be well out of date by now...

1-up said:
It's been so long since I've played D2 I don't remember why I thought it was so good.
Yep.
You guys are wimps. At least you have Blizzard constantly giving out stuff about the game. You at least have "TBA 2012". You have screenshots. The latest PC Gamer magazine just gave out new info about the game.

You know what those of us who have been waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode Three have? Concept art from four years ago and Chet telling us there is no ARG and the community is trolling itself.

Therefore, you have no reason to whine. >:-[

So see, the grass may look kind of brownish on your side of the pasture, but there is no grass on the Ep3 pasture. Just rocks. So there! "Moo" to you, too! XD

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
The Virgo said:
Errrm

Did I say I didn't want HL EP3? nope. I'm looking forward to it as much as you...
It's that for it to be vaporware it's actually got to have been announced. Half Life 3 never has been or even hinted at so I went with Diablo 3.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I would have said Guild Wars 2, it's been 5 years since it's announcement and still no known release date. It's entered closed beta now, but still no release date announced.

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
PureIrony said:
Still waiting on Starcraft: Ghost...

Yeah. Anyone remember that?

Regarding HL2:E3, I'm almost certain that they're not even working on that game.
Still waiting for that as well. Hasn't hit full canceled status yet but Blizzard has said it is not a priority project. If D3 is any indication, we won't be seeing Ghost until 2020

Xenos Eriadin

Mar 11, 2009
I don't understand how Half Life 2: Episode 3 gets thrown in with the likes of Duke Nukem Forever so often.
Clearly there is no episode 3, and if a new Half Life gets made it's going to be Half Life 3.
The Orange Box only came out 4 years ago, and as other people have said, there hasn't even been an announcement of a new game yet. It's way too early to be calling vaporware on this game yet.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
triggrhappy94 said:
Postal 3, definately Postal 3.
But it's out right now on services other than Steam, I'm guessing they're just having some issues with Valve or something.

As for me, I'm going to go ahead and say Episode 3.

KiruTheMant

Nov 2, 2009
Silas13013 said:
PureIrony said:
Still waiting on Starcraft: Ghost...

Yeah. Anyone remember that?

Regarding HL2:E3, I'm almost certain that they're not even working on that game.
Still waiting for that as well. Hasn't hit full canceled status yet but Blizzard has said it is not a priority project. If D3 is any indication, we won't be seeing Ghost until 2020
I figure they may be using the new SC2 Editor for the project, once the SC2 Protoss bit comes out, I figure we'll see more along the lines of it, I mean, after all, using the editor they made a First Person shooter, an Arcade style game, and even included objects for a leveling and item upgrade system, all of which screams SC2. Lets just hope Nova dosen't die before its released, or they'll need a new main character.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
chimpzy said:
Which raises the question: who is the new king of vaporware?
I thought it was officially Project Xanadu. In development since 1960, and very little to show for it. The project has never (to my knowledge) been declared over, and supposedly it's still being worked on by someone... somewhere...

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
Half-life 3. P.S. Gaben, if you're reading this, take my advice and get to work on Half-life 3 before it ends up being rushed out to please the angry fans and ends up being absolutely crappy, like DNF was (unfortunately), because you didn't have enough time to finish because of angry fans.