The Last Guardian Delayed to December

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah...while I actually believe this game exists and will come out (unlike anything related to Half-Life and Valve at this point), not really surprised. I mean, why launch in October when you can launch closer to Christmas, and hope that your game because a system mover.
Still looking forward to it though.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
The hype is big, the bar is high, but Team Ico is 2 for 2 with great games.

My hopes are still up. It's not like their last game was Joe Danger.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
GZGoten said:
just cancel the damn game already, there's no way it'll live up to everyone's expectations.
The preceding comment does not represent the rest of the gaming community.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'm fine with this. I've managed my expectations and optimism carefully with this game. It'll be out when its ready.

Also, I bought Bloodborne and yet I've yet to start playing it.. I clearly don't have time for games anymore...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I hope it's worth it. Because this is probably the tipping point for me buying a PS4 or not. Right now I can't justify buying it just so I can play Bloodborne, but the Last Guardian and Bloodborne might be enough to relent.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just a final little jab in my **** there, huh Sony. Appreciate it.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
lacktheknack said:
Millions on millions on millions.

It's been in production for over seven years! Even if they had three dudes working on it all this time (and not a likely average twenty times that), that's easily a million bucks right there.

Sony is known to work in mysterious ways. I mean, they showed this game at E3 2009 then gave it the silent treatment most likely b/c they couldn't get the concept to work(similarly to KojiPro and Metal Gear Rising before it was outsourced to Platinum).

Sony probably hoped the public would 'forget' but ofcourse in this internet age there is no such thing. Games can't be abandoned so easily now without considerable public backlash. So, they probably retrieved whatever concept they had of Last Guardian out of the trash bin and gave Ueda(now a freelancer) a call to really help them out here.

Game looks alright(kinda like an adventurous puzzle game with an AI companion that looks like it will glitch out often and probably dies at the end) but I can already see it being torn a new one by the internet(most likely by the same people who hyped it to no end). This is not a mass appeal game either so I hope Sony doesn't expect Uncharted type sales figures.

But anways, Shadow of the Colossus has been a long time ago now so it's cool we finally have a new Ueda game soon.

Jun 20, 2013
Oh, god dammit.

I normally don't mind delays, I'd rather get a good game latter than broken game now. But now I'm starting to get the vaporware vibes, it took an entire generation of uncertainty and close calls, but for some reason just now I feel like the game was never meant to be. >_>

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
I feel for Team Ico right now, their first two games inspired a whole lot of other great games and are still held in high regard themselves, but ever since the change in console, people are getting the wrong vibes from it, especially with the delayed games recently that look like the delays were pointless as the games are unfinished. At least they're being open with it, unlike Project H.A.M.M.E.R, that was teased, disappeared and the truth only appeared years later.