The Last Guardian is in Full Development - Sony Assures Fans

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
They really should have cancelled it by now. There is virtually zero chance of recouping what is sure to be a staggering amount of cost involved in this being in "full development" for all these years on what at best was always going to be a niche title.

If its coming down to it being a point of pride to finish it, well it had better be a masterpiece.

Either way it will surely make various youtubers a little money as it inevitably tops all the list videos of vaporware/development hell cautionary tales.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
They've been saying this for years. Seriously I want to see a picture of the boxarts for Episode 3 and TLG duking it out ina ring.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I want to be excited for this news. I want to be able to go to sleep with the comforting warm thoughts that this game will come out, I'll be able to pop it into my PS3...and then I'll play it until I end up sobbing because to paraphrase Yahtzee, that monster is too sweet and cuddly to actually live to the end of a Team Ico game.

But at this point, all the news in the world of Last Guardian still being in development can't excite me. Because even if this game gets full announcement with release dates and a new trailer and all sorts of stuff, I feel like the odds of it still being on the PS3 are incredibly slim.

I mean maybe it'll still be a PS3 title, Persona 5 is still coming out for the PS3...so maybe...

But not likely. At this point if Last Guardian comes out it'll probably be as a PS4 title.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
In other news, Schrodinger's Cat is NOT dead. Or maybe it is. How the fuck should I know, it's not like I can look inside and see for myself.