The Last of Us 2 Will Be the Largest PS Exclusive Yet

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last...nfirms-itll-be-the-largest-ps4-exclusive-yet/

Well that’s fine, but I’m not uninstalling RDR2, GoW, Bloodborne, Sekiro, DS3, MK11, Uncharted 4, Nathan Drake Collection, or a handful of smaller games anytime soon, if ever. This generation will be coming to a close, so I’ll likely have to wait til next gen for anything new, and that’s ok with me.

That’s the other thing: unless there are some big advancements in compression technology on PS5, I’ll be waiting until there’s at least a 2TB drive standard Bloodborne 2/Elden Ring bundle available.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's probably from all the uncompressed audio like how the 360 release of Vanquish was 6.5GBs and the PS3 version was 11.5GBs are due to the uncompressed audio on the PS3 version.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It's probably from all the uncompressed audio like how the 360 release of Vanquish was 6.5GBs and the PS3 version was 11.5GBs are due to the uncompressed audio on the PS3 version.
The PS3 Killzone games are still some of the best sounding games too because of that. They were both 7.1 LPCM and it blew away what was in Shadow Fall on PS4. I’m really looking forward to the PS5’s audio capabilities as it sounds (no pun) like its Tempest 3D system could be a game changer.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well that’s fine, but I’m not uninstalling RDR2, GoW, Bloodborne, Sekiro, DS3, MK11, Uncharted 4, Nathan Drake Collection, or a handful of smaller games anytime soon, if ever. This generation will be coming to a close, so I’ll likely have to wait til next gen for anything new, and that’s ok with me.
Better yet, I won't be paying at all. The games I really love, I keep on my system hard drive. Games I like or are very big I keep on the 4TB External.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Better yet, I won't be paying at all. The games I really love, I keep on my system hard drive. Games I like or are very big I keep on the 4TB External.

Yeah I just picked up an EXT HD pretty cheap. It sounds like they'll be compatible on PS5 too, so all that internal space will be free for the likely massive 4K native games it'll have. Wondering how many/few it'll take to fill up that drive.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Are they going to start bragging about how big their file sizes are now?

Forcing people to download and install a huge fucking file isn't a selling point and does not indicate the size of the game.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Been hearing some weird things about this game lately due to leaks. Not particularly looking forward to it. Also ffvii being 90 gigs is already pushing my space limits lol.

B-cell

Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
probably because there will be more and more cutscenes with less gameplay.

watching some footage feel like game almost playitself rather than we play.