The Last of Us Originally Cast Tess as a Villain

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I wish Marlene's character was explored a bit more. Both in her relationship with Joel and with Ellie. Like having Joel actually care about her when she was shot in the beginning. Maybe more fighting side by side like in a flashback action sequence or training as the tutorial. And maybe a couple of character building non-combat scenes where Marlene and Joel swapped war stories.

That history is lightly implied but having it spelled out would make the ending have more impact IMO.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
rembrandtqeinstein said:
I wish Marlene's character was explored a bit more. Both in her relationship with Joel and with Ellie. Like having Joel actually care about her when she was shot in the beginning. Maybe more fighting side by side like in a flashback action sequence or training as the tutorial. And maybe a couple of character building non-combat scenes where Marlene and Joel swapped war stories.

That history is lightly implied but having it spelled out would make the ending have more impact IMO.
Well, there is DLC coming up, and they have 20 years of mystery to work with. They could have them teaming up.
Then again, Joel isn't quite the Fireflies type, I mean even his brother left them, so while it is possible it is also likely not to happen quite like that.