The last RPG you played... that WASN'T Skyrim

BadPublicity

Sep 17, 2010
I still haven't played Skyrim, don't plan to either. The whole fantasy and magic stuff in games really pisses me off. But the last RPG I played was Fallout New Vegas.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Would you consider RAGE an RPG? I would guess not.

Than it was Dark Souls. So fricken impossible, but enjoyable :3

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
That was probably Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion or Dragon Age: Origins. I never really moved on to Dragon Age:2, just didn't strike me as the same type of experience.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Dark Souls.

I'm stuck on the Capra Demon boss dude. I know the guy is easy and the fight should be a piece of cake since I have the Drake Sword, but those two dog-things fuck me up EVERY DAMN TIME.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Well it should have been Chrono cross but I just got off a flight this week and the LAST one I played was fossil fighters on my sisters dsi while she was sleeping on the plane. Should have brought my ipod instead.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Persona 3 FES. Got a new copy for Christmas (2 copies, actually), which made me very happy since my old copy got scratched some time ago. It was just a tiny scratch... that killed the entire Velvet Room. And refused to be fixed with scratch-fixer goo/fluid/etc. Ah, how I missed P3FES.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
er...before I played it for a night, I was getting really into Dragon Age: Origins
that has dragons too...kinda

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
i fired up KoToR last night, so, that.
still not really seeing the big deal about it though
and since that post SUCKED and i've yet to poke that game again.

Koudelka :D final got my mits on it, and so for i like it, even the 'odd' combat system.

LittleJoeRambler

Nov 3, 2011
LeafGreen, since I played it a few hours ago. Other than that, I've played Titan Quest's Underlord mod, and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones in the past week.

I just never got into Fallout 3, got it a few months after it came out, played for a few hours and then dropped it, never to pick it up again. I'm not entirely sure why, but I just wasn't having fun. It's the same way with a lot of shooter-rpg mixes; I never would have spent the time I did with Borderlands if 90% of my time with that game hadn't consisted of faffing about with a friend of mine.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
scorptatious said:
Hmm. It's been a while since I've last played an RPG that wasn't Skyrim.

I think it was either Final Fantasy 9 or Chrono Trigger DS. Both really great games. (The former is one of my most favorite games of all time.)
How old were you when you first played 9? I'd been playing FF for a number of years, since FF1, and the series officially soured for me at 9.

Chrono trigger, however, is dope.

The last RPG i played was Nethack.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Baldur's Gate 2.

I love that game. I wish there were plotlines in Skyrim, or in any RPG from the last 5 years, that could match that game.

(And before anybody mentions Dragon Age: NO NO NO NO NO!)

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
Gorilla Gunk said:
Dark Souls.

I'm stuck on the Capra Demon boss dude. I know the guy is easy and the fight should be a piece of cake since I have the Drake Sword, but those two dog-things fuck me up EVERY DAMN TIME.
This is off-topic, but I'll keep it brief: There's a trick to him. He's a pain in the ass.I won't try to explain it here, but just YouTube it... I'm not ashamed to admit I had to. I know everyone knows this already, but holy hell that game is hard. I got stuck at a boss that was two dudes up in the castle proper, took a break for a few days, and when I came back all the skill I had managed to build up had left me.

I can't believe I'm going to have to train myself if I ever want to get through that game -_-

And I can't believe I still want to!

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Last RPG I played was Mount and blade: Warband followed by STALKER Clear sky. I prefer those games to Skyrim right now since they seem more alive and less scripted.

mrscott137

Apr 8, 2010
Dark Souls. Literally the only game I have been playing, I got some of the way through Skyrim, got insanely bored and welcomed back death.