The last time you felt immersed in a game.

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
Max Payne 2. The First person narrative and the story really reeled me into the world of Max Payne

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Metro 2033 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.214459-a-Taffer-reviews-Metro-2033]. It didn't take long until I sat hunched over the keyboard muttering (and sometimes whimpering) "MOVE Artyom! Don't you fucking die on me-oh-my-god-its-going-to-eat-you!"

Loved the game. It was the first one since the good old classics (Thief and System Shock in my case) that managed to capture me so well.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
ThePizzaGuy556 said:
Probably Dead space 2, you get so involved in the story during the game that you actually care what happens to the characters, thats unheard of for me to say the least.
YES!!! Playing it at night with all the lights turned off. Man that is bloody immersive.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Aku_San said:
DC Universe Online. Feels like I'm in Gotham, doing villainous things. I love it.
DC Universe Online. It really does feel like I'm in Metropolis, doing heroic things. I love it!

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Mrrrgggrlllrrrg said:
The game that gets me immersed would have to be D&D with my friends.
Yep, pretty much this.

Tabletop gaming has a habit of sucking you in, if you allow it.

When you realize that you can say, "I search the chest for traps. I hope to god it's safe",
or "I'll take point, the rest of you watch our flank" without any irony or embarrassment...

It's pretty exhilarating.

Jack Macaque

Jan 29, 2011
Diablo 2.

You just can't stop playing, I'm not sure why, you just can't, and I've google'd recovery centers for treatment and none exist.

Aside from that, Tales of Symphonia.

KhaoticOne

Apr 29, 2010
Fallout New Vegas.

Though i felt completely immersed in Fallout 3, time just flew by and even though i was from a outside perspective doing the same things, it just couldn't bore me and each moment felt completely unexpected/exciting.

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
Last game that immersed me? Must have been the last time we played "Drakar och Demoner" (Swedish role-playing game).

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Final Fantasy 7 wow that game was ridiculously immersion but more recent was mass effect 2 and heavy rain that scene where you have crawl on the broken glass arghhh ..

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Demon's Souls is probably the last game that I really got immersed into, to the point where I'm flinching and am freaked out when I get hacked in two by black phantoms that sneak up behind me.

Man I can't wait to feel the same way again once Dark Souls comes out!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
ThePizzaGuy556 said:
Probably Dead space 2, you get so involved in the story during the game that you actually care what happens to the characters, thats unheard of for me to say the least.
I would have to agree with you. I wasn't really even in a good mood the other day and when I finally looked up to see what time it was (while playing ds2) I realized several hours had gone by.

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
bioshock that game was so great i just played it almost all the way through first time then i bought the 2nd :D
and mass effect2 at some points when your not being dragged about its amazing

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Most recently Dead space 2, but the most immersion i have ever got was from mass effect 2 on the final mission or red dead redeption in general.