The Left 4 Dead/Superbowl Correlation

HotPocket

Jan 5, 2010
Actually, I'm kinda hoping L4D3 takes place in a foreign country like Britain (well, foreign to me).

Then when Britain wins the super bowl by some strange fluke... I'll be very scared indeed.

bitzi61

Jan 28, 2009
L4D3 will be in Britain, after a very poor "football" (soccer) match for their side...
SOCCER HOLIGANS!

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
thenoblegaunt said:
almostgold said:
Nice observation. I'm up for remake of the first game in that case.... again and again. Forever
Lol, I'd have to agree that would be nice.
Good to find another Steelers fan. Unless you simply meant you liked the first game more. Hopefully its the Steelers connection.

thenoblegaunt

Jan 16, 2010
almostgold said:
thenoblegaunt said:
almostgold said:
Nice observation. I'm up for remake of the first game in that case.... again and again. Forever
Lol, I'd have to agree that would be nice.
Good to find another Steelers fan. Unless you simply meant you liked the first game more. Hopefully its the Steelers connection.
Don't worry I'm a steelers fan.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
If L4D 3 were to go to Britain, I'd put money on New England, seeing as that would be closest correlation.

megatron2.0

Feb 18, 2009
TheLastCylon said:
Hopefully Left 4 Dead 3 ends in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

[small]go Pats![/small]
I would like to remind of the Super Bowl two years ago.

Thats all i have to say.

person427

May 28, 2009
As cool as that is, I must point out a possible flaw: Left for Dead 3 is rumored to take place in Australia.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
thenoblegaunt said:
e2density said:
Eh. Kinda interesting. Where's your source on the location of the end of L4D1? I never really saw any real life references, then again it's been a while since I've played L4D1.
In Blood Harvest a sign at the beginning of the campaign says Allegheny National Forest, that's in PA near Pittsburgh.

Dusty Pancakes said:
thenoblegaunt said:
I just realized a very interesting coincidence.
Last year Left 4 Dead 1 ended near the Allegheny National Forest near Pittsburgh.
This year Left 4 Dead 2 ended in New Orleans.

Last Year the Pittsburgh Steelers won the Superbowl.
This Year the New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl.

Anybody else notice this?
Actually, you have to be careful, cause you can't be sure whether or not Left 4 Dead ends at Dead Air or Blood Harvest, because both are pretty game ending finales. (Plane, Armoured Army thingy)

Also they are rescued by the military at the end of Blood Harvest, i'd call that fairly game ending. We have no idea who's in the plane in Dead Air.
I believe that they originally planned to tie all the chapters together, but it took away from the accomplishment of being rescued to have the scenario end with the characters being dumped in it again.
Doesn't explain why they didn't just start the next campaign with the cutscene, but i guess could have been fear of spoiling it for people who didn't play them in order.
But anyhow, i remember reading that the plane runs out of gas, which leads them to be dropped down somewhere else.

OT: I'm not really into the superbowl, seeing as i'm from england. It's worth remembering correlation does not imply causation. I could also go on to describe how statistically it's not actually that unlikely, but i don't want to ruin the magic for the rest of you :)