the Boulder Creek Path with it's "fish observatories" {giggle}
some spots with lovely views of the mountains & surrounding areas

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That tourist must of walked in blindly to ask me that considering I am living in a tourist filled town!

Let see-
There is the beach and the pier alongside it which those two alone drawn in the tourist given to the right weather.

The highest mountain point of this town is an attraction since it's a limestone headland. Also up there is the copper mine which contain a few cavemen like caves!

The town has connections to Alice in Wonderland which one of the newest attraction is they had placed four (will be six soon) wooden statue of the characters from that book throughout the town. It kind of like a scavenger hunt to find all of them (unless you look up the location).

There also this sceneric garden which also has some wooden Alice in Wonderland stuff in it (but it's very worn down).

The town also has an artifical artificial ski slope and toboggan run and aswell a ski lift.

The theatre over here is apparently good aswell (I never properly watched a played inside it).

Every Bank holiday in May the high street become a fair!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I originally read this as "The Lost Attractions of your area" and thought this would be a sad thread. What a pleasant surprise!

My immediate area however has a Dave & Busters located in a mall that was meant to be demolished 2 years ago (2011). There are a number of other malls and, thrift stores in the area. Furthermore; there are numerous restaurants which range from not-bad to, food poisoning. Of course you could always just enjoy driving on scenic route 355 or, Georgia Avenue: the former if you want to look at pretty storefronts and wait in horrible Maryland traffic and the later if you want to eventually end up in DC (while enduring horrible Maryland traffic).

If you're more interested in going to DC then do that; there are a variety of free-to-visit museums and monuments roughly shaped like genitalia.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
If you come to Bergen, Norway I hope you like mountains... Thats our thing (Bergen actually means "mountains" in German). We also have an aquarium, which everyone that comes here from bigger cities and countries complain is "so small!" There is the terribly overpriced and unpleasant fishmarket, the world herritage buildings along the old docks and very poor roads.

Maybe you'll just end up doing what I do around here, which is eat. Unfortunately there aren't that many good resturants, but the few we have are extremely good. Other than that there are countless pizza and kebab shops, a McDonalds or Burgerking on every corner and more than enough kiosks that sell hotdogs and whatever X3.

If your into that kind of thing we also have northern Europes largest open illegal drugs market. No, its not legal, but it seems the authorities have pretty much given up on trying to stop the sale of illegal substances so you can just walk into one of the biggest parks in town and get some no problem.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Honestly, nothing. There isn't much in the way of tourism here unless you want to look at the largest car park in the world (the M25 ;) )

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
You'd recommend them personally then Knifer? :p
Shout out To moonlight evening for good service.

Looks like a dong.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Living in Southern California, pretty much every different type of landscape(with a few exceptions) is close by. Want to see deserts, mountains, beaches, valleys, forests, we got them.

Even if it is about 45 minutes to an hour away, there's Los Angeles which isn't a good tourist city unless you go to Hollywood. Disneyland in Anaheim fairly close about 30 to 45 minutes away.

If it means anything, Norco which is about a town away is considered the horse capital of the world, so that's cool.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire. Yeah... I'd tell the tourist to hop back into his vehicle and find a more interesting state, 'cause this place is incredibly boring. Even the outdoorsy-stuff is covered better by other states.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There is truly nothing of note where I currently live. If somebody were to visit looking for attractions, I would take them on a train journey to either Ely or Cambridge, both beautiful areas within a reasonable travelling distance of where I live.

But my town itself? Nope.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Well we've got a rift in space and time, and the Torchwood institute:

As for non-fictional? A few Norman [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogmore_Castle] and not so Norman [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castell_Coch] castles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Castle], mines, and the Welsh government