The Loose Ends of The Avengers

Jmurray21

Feb 7, 2011
For the marker on Africa in Nick fury's 'to-do' pile, is it possible that this represents Genosha, Magneto's Mutant island. I know fox own the rights to x-men but it would be awesome if they included something like this.

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
I so can't wait for the Avengers. I can't believe I have to wait until next Summer. Also, if it's shit, the Escape to the Movies ep on it will just be 5 mins of Bob hanging himself.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
I was thinking the same thing about Howard Stark as soon as I saw that last scene and yeah, I'm going to believe (until proved otherwise) the Howard just kept looking. It just seems to fit with the character I think.

I can't wait for the Avengers movie. Good or bad, I don't care - I'm going to watch the SHIt out of that movie.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
So, after reading this, I have two theories. Either the movie is so bad and incomprehensible, that when it is released on DVD on December 21, 2012, the world implodes as it is unable to handle that much concentrated shit. Or it is so good, that when it is released on DVD on December 21, 2012, the universe implodes as it is unable to handle that much concentrated awesome. Either way, the world ends because of the Avengers movie. Way to go Marvel.

Honestly, I can only see this movie being really good or really bad. I'm leaning towards it being good. Marvel has definitely made some pretty great movies out of this so far. So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. My only concern is what happens afterward.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
MovieBob said:
Did MovieBob Just Compile and Explain the Minutiae of Marvel Comics Continuity as Part of His Job?

Yes he did. How ya like them apples, Mister Guidance Counselor?!
Well that cracked me up. Btw nice job, Bob. Looks like I might actually have to watch Iron Man 2 again.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Damn it, I need to see Captain America now. Still haven't seen it, and most of this stuff revolves primarily around it. But NO, I had to live really freaking far from a theater at the time, and now live really freaking far from a DVD rental store so I can't rent it when it's released on DVD. I repeat: Damn it...

PipPup

Apr 22, 2011
Come on, Black Panther movie. This has been on my Super hero movie list for a long time.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Dr. Strange would be nice, and I'd love to see how they pull off Dormammu.
Also, I'd like to see Iron Man vs. the Mandarin at some point. Fin Fang Foom would be pretty cool on the big screen... of course people might cry over another "Godzilla clone" but I liked the FFF/Mandarin/Iron Man stories.
Namor, the Sub-Mariner needs to be introduced at some point considering he's basically the original Marvel character... it would make for a good movie at some point with the Avengers. I wish they'd retcon the Fantastic Four as well, not the first movie which wasn't all that bad but the 2nd was horribad and Galactus was horribly misrepresented.
Also, despite what people say, I loved Ghost Rider and am hoping the second movie to be a decent one because I'd love to see a crossover there at some point. If there weren't a movie-rights gulf between the X-Men continuity, the Avengers and others, I'd have loved to see a New Fantastic Four movie as well (Hulk, Spidey, Ghost Rider and Wolverine). One of my favorite mini-series.

Lovesfool

Jan 28, 2009
I confess that I am now much more confused about all this compared to what I was before reading this article.

Feeling kinda dizzy...

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
Straight up, MovieBob!!! Stick it to all those imbeciles that told you this crap was never going to apply in the real world, and that you should be paying attention to things like geometry.