The Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Features More Story Information

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Features More Story Information

The launch trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda is here, and it features more footage about the game's story.

We're still about a week and a half from the launch of Mass Effect: Andromeda, but Bioware is already rolling out the game's launch trailer. Of course, the EA/Origin Access early play period kicks off on March 16. The new trailer focuses on the game's story, and much of it is pulled from the game's story cutscenes.

There's been a ton of information released for Andromeda in the last couple of weeks. We've seen Bioware canceled of the muliplayer beta [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169757-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-4-Screenshots-and-PC-Graphics-Settings] for the game.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on March 21. If you're an EA or Origin Access member, you can start playing on March 16, but only for 10 hours, and with limited access to the campaign [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169727-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Ea-Origin-Access-Limits-Campaign-Access].

Apr 5, 2008
There have been an awful lot of trailers. I will admit they've done a good job of describing the setting and game's systems without going into spoiler territory. It's a big release, but comes on the back of the mediocre DA:I, the disappointing end to the original trilogy and none of the people behind the original ME involved at all.

I don't pre-order any more, so it will be interesting to see what reviews have to say after the 16th-21st.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
KingsGambit said:
It's a big release, but comes on the back of the mediocre DA:I, the disappointing end to the original trilogy and none of the people behind the original ME involved at all.
I don't think BioWare have ever described DA:I as a conclusion to anything. The story clearly cues up the next game as well. It's safe to assume the next game will be titled like Inquisition - no number, and a subtitle. They're not talking about Andromeda as the first part of a trilogy, either, so it seems that's an outdated approach to IP's (for films and games, I reckon).

As for ME:A: I think I watched two trailers in full, and don't want more things spoilt (locations, characters, features, etc), so I'll just see what the general feedback is in the first week after release, then get it. I'd like to say I'd hold off if the response is bad, but it's a[n SP] BioWare game so I'm going to buy it anyway...

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Soo... I guess there will be no need to bother with any of the previously hyped "Golden worlds" then, other than in a short: "Oops, that didn't work out as planned" introductory chapter, that constitutes what promotes the player to dad's old job... :7

(Unless they just spoiled a later game setback that wastes tons of player effort. :p)

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Is anyone else kind of...bothered by the fact that it keeps seeming like "HUMANS! YEAH!" over and over? Humanity already played its part in the original trilogy, so I'd kind of like to see more cooperation between the races this time, instead of humans just going, "Relax everyone, we go this."
I mean, can we assume there are other Pathfinders who are not human? Because I have a hard time believing that all these races agreed that only one species--a new species for that matter--should be in charge of finding these worlds.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Jesus! What's with all these trailers nowadays making these horrible, horrible choices for music. I even like this song. The lyrics kind of fit, if you don't pay too much attention, but the music itself just does not fit the theme. At all.
You can't just put popular music in a trailer and expect it to be well received just because of that. There's such a thing as athmosphere and theme, Bioware, you should look into it sometime.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Is anyone else kind of...bothered by the fact that it keeps seeming like "HUMANS! YEAH!" over and over? Humanity already played its part in the original trilogy, so I'd kind of like to see more cooperation between the races this time, instead of humans just going, "Relax everyone, we go this."
I mean, can we assume there are other Pathfinders who are not human? Because I have a hard time believing that all these races agreed that only one species--a new species for that matter--should be in charge of finding these worlds.
Each Ark has their own pathfinder, which basically means each main species that made the journey has their own team setup to find their new home

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
Kreett said:
Each Ark has their own pathfinder, which basically means each main species that made the journey has their own team setup to find their new home
Ya. I'd like to see more of that. I know humanity is easy to market because, duh, we're all humans here. But all the other alien races in Mass Effect are some of the strongest elements that make this series stand out. They're interesting, have memorable designs and it's coming off like we're not supposed to care about it.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I just wanted to play as a different race this time around...

And I got Mass Age: Andromition.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Jeyl said:
Kreett said:
Ya. I'd like to see more of that. I know humanity is easy to market because, duh, we're all humans here. But all the other alien races in Mass Effect are some of the strongest elements that make this series stand out. They're interesting, have memorable designs and it's coming off like we're not supposed to care about it.
Quarians will be DLC, I bet you.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
Jeyl said:
Kreett said:
Quarians will be DLC, I bet you.
Psh, who'd want to pay for Quarians? If they charged for Salarians I might be inclined to pay.