The Monty Python Appreciation Thread

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I have a soft spot for Terry Gilliam's particular brand of insanity. And my favorite would have to be Crimson Permanent Assurance.

The Ministry of Silly Walks comes in a close second.

ElectricMegaHamstah

Oct 10, 2011
I CAN'T believe no one have said "How not to be seen" yet! It's ridiculous!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ
(Also, how do you embed videos/pics here? kthxbai)

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
It's impossible to pick one favorite. But this is certainly one of their best scenes:

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
All of this is very silly! Stop it!

As for my favorite one, I would say the whole episode where everyone in Britain turns scottish. Then it all turns out to be the fault of a blamonge, who are eaten whilst playing wimbledon with some old people?

Ahhh Monty Python, how I love thee.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
As for my favorite one, I would say the whole episode where everyone in Britain turns scottish. Then it all turns out to be the fault of a blamonge, who are eaten whilst playing wimbledon with some old people.
I feel like you could have just said "The Science Fiction Sketch" instead of saying it in such a round-about way.

"'E wasnt as much a man.. as 'e was... A blancmange!"

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011

And noone has said this, WHY?

possibly the funniest thing I watched as a child, and will still make me cry with laughter today!

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
old ladys gang!
no the lumberjack!
no the parrot sketch!
no... dammit everything is so fucking funny!!! XD
love those crazy brits!!!

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
All the Python's are great, it's pointless argueing wich one is better as they all were very talented.

That being sayd, I think the best anything Python related is Terry Gilliam's film Brazil. (But only his director's cut.) That is easily one of the best films ever made, and also Palin is in it wich only sweetens the deal.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
Melopahn said:
I see some serious classics all very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Je1CEPkUM

Sorry my work computer wont embed. But confuse a cat is one of the best skits that wasn't previously mentioned.

Fixed, and this is one of their funniest sketches. This had me rolling on the floor the first time I saw it.