The morons are at it again (ME3 review bombing)

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Leole said:
Awexsome said:
Leole said:
I.. I hope you guys realize that the game got leaked earlier and plenty of people downloaded it illegally.

Not all those reviews are for the explicit purpose of bombing.
Maybe one or two then?

It's a large concerted effort by unhappy fanboys and haters that had no intention of doing anything other than this well before any of them even played the game if they did at all. Don't defend that which isn't worth defending.
Actually, 30,000 people.

Just look at the leechers and seeders.

Right now, there's 28k Leechers, and 4k seeders. And that's just today, imagine how many peers stopped seeding when it finished downloading? And that's just ONE leaked version, I'm assuming there's a couple more.

Don't just dismiss my argument. Plenty of people played the leaked version and didn't like the game.

I am not justifying their actions, though, I'm pretty sure the game doesn't deserve a 0.
I think it's worth mentioning that the people you are talking about aren't worth mentioning. 30,000 people you say? That's 30,000 people who shouldn't get a say in the direction of a product they won't support. Then again, I feel the same way about anyone who posts an unjustified zero or ten. And by justified, I mean that the game has to be either of no redeemable value(even a broken game can be patched), or be a true flawless gem in order to deserve either extreme. In the end though, the only thing being accomplished here is the destruction of any credibility user reviews might have had. They're even somehowworse than IGN's reviews.

By the way, there is one thing I would zero rate if I could: ME2's DLC installation script. Apparently(and I just ran across it last night), it introduces a bug on installations running on 64-bit OS's that makes the game consistently crash on Illium unless you run the game in Windowed mode, and Bioware has yet to resolve the issue. We are long past the possibility of Bioware patching it at this point, so I could entertain a zero being awarded to that feature.

Haelium

Jan 18, 2011
Having played the game myself, I can safely say that no, it is not a 10/10 game or a 1/10 game. It's a mediocre game that is a step down from Mass Effect 2, which was a step down from Mass Effect 1. ME3 improved on ME2 in many ways, but overall it was just not as good as the previous Mass Effect.
Between silly motives for the reapers and the ending that to me felt like a crappy version of Deus Ex, this was a lackluster ending to what was built up too much.

The 1/10 scores are due to people having expectations too high and the fact that the game is getting near perfect reviews.

I would also like to note that many "Professional" reviewers are putting the negative responses down to homophobia, when it has nothing to do with that.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
DragonLord Seth said:
We insist on doing this to hammer it into EA's thick fucking skull, they won't learn to not do this exclusive shit if we shit all over their game.
You do realize the same stupid zero bombing happened last year with Dragon Age 2. And last time the day 1 DLC didn't cost anything extra because the Signature Edition was 60 dollars, the same as the regular copy.

It didn't do anything to harm BioWare/EA, or make them change anything.

And like before, people were given plenty of time to pre-order. They even released a video about the ME3 CE on November 18th of last year that said there would be a special character and mission that the CE would get.

They are a business, so of course they are going to do what they believe will get them the most money.

BioWare and EA are the ones that own the product; they will make it that way they want to make it. It isn't the game of the players, they are just the ones buying it because they are interested, and it doesn't matter what their say is.

You either buy it or don't buy it. The ass-hat zero bombing on metacritic does nothing to sway BioWare/EA. All they see are a bunch of childish people that think they are entitled a say in what a company makes, and entitled to get things at the price they want.

From what I've played so far the game is shaping up to be an amazing end to the trilogy(I've heard some of the so called "leaks", and they don't bother me).

I bought the CE for the 360 and I'm loving it. I looked on the multiplayer leaderboard to see how many players there were so far, and I couldn't get to the bottom. The bar at the side didn't go down any and I was around 81,000 when I stopped. Considering how far up that bar was and how slow it was moving(couldn't really see it move while scrolling down), I'm willing to bet that there could still be another 81,000 names.

That is just on the 360, so across all platforms, I'm willing to bet that Bioware/EA already made a substantial profit, so really, the Metacritic zero bombers mean nothing, and will mean nothing in the future.

So, I will keep believing the professional reviewers on the Escapist, because they have never steered me wrong.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
To quote the song I'm listening to, their brains are "sort of rotten and insane". People feel that they need to express their displease at a game in this way and expend great deals of energy making emotional moves against their issue. The sad thing is that they think there efforts mean something and are totally convinced that they actions are both justified and appropriate. They're a bunch of sad, strange little people.

Rowan Tritton

Aug 29, 2011
Madman123456 said:
Yet another thing is the Gay Shepard. There's nothing wrong with being Gay, the Gays don't chose to be Gay and therefore no one can fault them for making a wrong Choice.

Yet the Gay Shepard irks me since this is a bit shoehorned. So male gay Shep was so deep in the Closet in the first two Games that he was having Adventures in Narnia? Why? If he was scared about People's Opinions that would paint a rather dark Picture of Humanity in this Future.

No, Bioware made the gay Shep because there is Controversy to be had in that in a perfectly clean Way.
Some People may complain about gayshep in some comments and forums and be bashed by a million others and ME3 gets free Advertisement.

Regardless of how you feel about Gays, Gayshepard or Biowares Decision to make it possible to make Shepard come out of the Closet.
You will have to note that this will make some People angry.
Whilst I don't mean to attack you on this subject, I personally don't feel Gay ManShep has been shoehorned in, whether to create contriversy or otherwise.

Mass Effect 1 intended to provide you with three bisexual romance options, but the content was ultimately cut, heck one of the first major patches for ME1 worked to removed instances where Kaiden would go to kiss ManShep near the end (the scene where they're in lockdown on the Citadel) if ManShep didn't choose Ashley or Liara.

Modders have worked to try and restore the gay romances in ME1, their work thus far can be seen on YouTube if you're interested. The same is true of Miranda who was initially going to be bisexual.

As for FemShep, she's been bisexual from day one, Liara and the rest of her race reflect the female gender, it's simply that their race doesn't acknowledge separate genders because they only have the one and that's more of less female by human standards. Kaiden even mentions this in ME1 if you have been pursuing both of them, if he can see it, why can't FemShep (and her players)?

Move on the Mass Effect 2 and now you have three of the essentially female Asari, Liara, Samara and Morinth, all who are interested in Shephard, regardless of gender, but more importantly you have the bisexual Kelly Chambers who is also romancable by Shephard, again regardless of gender.

The fact it has taken ManShep this long to have a "100% Official Homosexual Romance" is just a sign of our western societies' increasing (although not by a lot) acceptance of homosexual males since Mass Effect 1.

I should also mention --SPOILER ALERT-- that FemShep also gets her first "100% Official Homosexual Romance", although in her case it's simply that it is with a completely homosexual individual rather than a bisexual (like Kelly) or an alien who only appears female (the aforementioned Asari).

Perhaps it would ultimately be easier for some people to consider that Shephard is bisexual, or has a sexuality which is instead defined by the people Shephard is in love with, regardless of species or gender, instead... but I doubt it.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
A Weakgeek said:
I like how "dissapointing" equals to 0/10. That score should be reserved for games that simply dont work, ones that fail at every aspect. Mass effect contains tits, that should bump it to atleast 2/10
well ye make a great point about da tits, but we talking about biohaters here, the most unreasonable people in gaming, outside of valve fans and EA haters.