The most annoying thing about your local game store.

astaldodhol

Sep 10, 2008
I live in Iceland. The market here kind of sucks for video gaming.
I live in a small town where we have one computer store, which is basically limited to children games, games made from Disney movies and sport games.
They only sell Xbox 360 games, ps3 games and they have a few pc and ps2 games. No matter how often I go there, the games never change.
There is also this one shop that only sells Gameboy color games. They're literally dusty.
Once in a while I do go to the capital city, either the games are bad or overpriced, but occasionally you do find gems.
Also, the Nintendo market here sucks. The people that are in charge on the Nintendo market here like neglecting it.
Beat that.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
I used to like Gamestation, since GAME abandoned Nintendo through the GC days, plus GS always had older stuff like N64

UNTIL NOW
the glass cabinet which housed SNES, N64 and various GB games, is filled with iPods. Who buys an iPod from a game store?

Aeviv

Jun 13, 2008
Like above, my gamestation has lost its 'old skool' section :(

Plus the wanker who always ends up serving me asks for ID, for any game over a 12! And i have a beard!

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
The most annoying thing about it is that I have no idea where it is. I just got to college and have no idea where anything is in this city...

Jingle_Bombs

Sep 10, 2008
My local game store currently sells pre owned games at 3 for £5. Only problem is that they close just as I finish for the day. Bastards...

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
Aeviv post=9.71151.715196 said:
Like above, my gamestation has lost its 'old skool' section :(

Plus the wanker who always ends up serving me asks for ID, for any game over a 12! And i have a beard!
Same. I got IDed in ASDA (Walmart, whatever the Americans refer to it as) for SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE. I was 24 at the time and the girl tells me "It's asking me to ID you so can I see some?" - SERIOUSLY?! IT'S A FUCKING 12!!!! And the only reason it's a 12 is because of some MILD LANGUAGE (which I actually failed to find in the game).

Lilim

Sep 10, 2008
My current distaste with the game stores in my area applies to all but one of them. The negative points in all cases have to do with their stock. They stock all kinds of games, most of the console games and PC games. They even sell PC and Console game accessories/peripherals/etc. Yet in most of these stores, the people running them tend to only have knowledge of a couple of systems, and even then of only a hand full of genres... which makes it difficult to get an informed answer from them - especially if your tastes/interests are outside their own.

Only one store in my area has 'one' guy, who... admittedly comes off as an absolute mega nerd... but I like him, because he seems to know just about everything about every system the store deals with, and the games for them - even the extra stuff. Have a question? He somehow has an answer. Think what you will of him, but he knows his stuff and it's a relief to be able to walk in and get a straight, concise, and informative answer.

JayDig

Jun 28, 2008
The EB near me won't buy PC games anymore.
I'm pissed. I hadn't traded Alone in the Dark yet.