The Most Awesome Game Controller In The World

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Most Awesome Game Controller In The World

There are game controllers and there are game controllers, and then there's the Dragon Fire Breather, a gamepad with a gaping maw and glowing red eyes that looks like it will eat your fingers if you screw up that jump one more time.

On display at Engadget [http://www.cesweb.org/], this controller includes 12 buttons and two analog sticks, dual vibration motors and even an expansion slot for peripherals of some sort. It also features illuminated red eyes, a bloody gullet, detachable tail and a highly detailed reptilian paint job. Is this the most awesome game controller in the world? It might just be, and yet it sells for right around the $30 mark, a genuine steal for this much concentrated awesomeness.

Fans of Engrish get an added bonus by way of the unit's instruction manual, which promises "The shape design of 'dragon' monster, larruping, more horror and more excited in the game." Installation is a simple matter: "Press 'Apply' after enactment, then press 'affirmance' to exit, surely can be saved in other enactment, convenient for use next time, no need enactment again." No need enactment again, indeed: To stop using the controller, simply "Disconnect the product USB prick" and you're ready to go!

Okay, so the owner's manual is an epic mangling of English syntax. That doesn't change the fact that this is the coolest controller I've ever seen. One more thing: Tough luck for the console crowd, but this sucker is PC only. No Dragon Fire Breather for you!

The Dragon Fire Breather, known in the U.S. as the USB Dragon Dual Shock Scary Gamepad (seriously) is available from various online retailers.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
That is an adorable controller. I doubt it's much fun to play with though, the cool ones never are.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Turbo madness!

I wonder if you can imbue it with gems you may or may not have lying around the house.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
That's full of awesome and win. I approve this message.

Al_

Aug 15, 2008
Odd that it appears to have an X-box (not 360) button layout. Still awesome.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I'll hold out for a controller that pleasures me while I play, hence the wirless blowjob dispencer from on of Yahtzees Z.P. reviews.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Meh, still not as cool as the steampunk mouse, although that is a unique item.

nimrandir

Oct 30, 2008
Is there a metallic dragon version for us goody-goodies? A bronze dragon controller would be at least eight kinds of awesome.

nimrandir

Oct 30, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
NO! No metallics! Bahaumut can suck it dry!

Anyway, this looks like it would hurt to hold, even if it didn't have that big open maw.
You know that Tiamat just caught Gilgeam on a bad century, right?

Back on topic, if the back is smooth (which I cannot gauge from the Engadget shots), I see no reason for undue discomfort. Those jewel-like analog sticks could be tough to use when the thumbs get sweaty, though. As someone who has never owned a PC game controller, are they usually styled after the original Xbox controller rather than the 360 model?

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
nimrandir said:
As someone who has never owned a PC game controller, are they usually styled after the original Xbox controller rather than the 360 model?
Personally I usually use a console controller with a USB adapter (or more recently, the "Windows version" of the 360 controller). The MS Sidewinder controllers are OK, but I think (given that it's the primary input device) console designers have it down pat.

Edit: Don't you go disrespectin' the original Xbox controller... (not the S-type). I loved that huge thing! :)

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
That resident evil 4 chainsaw controller comes to mind.
The street fighter ones are no better. They do look pretty though.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
I WANT I WANT GIMME!...I don't know if it's the price, the dragon motif, or the horribly awesome engrish manual, but I MUST have...and now...right now...