The most awful thing you've ever actually done to someone during online play

Falcondynamite

Apr 22, 2010
In other words, what would you have considered the biggest dick move you pulled on any online multiplayer match or whatever.

When I was a little shitling I played a racing game called Forza Motorsport 2. My parents bought me the Xbox 360 after they realize they took my money I got for Christmas and this was their way of apologizing. Anyway it came with two games, Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
As I played Forza, it took me about a week to realize I don't personally care for racing games. So then because of this I decided that being a douchey little brat felt like the right thing to do because I was stuck with these two games for a year. I made sure the car I had created was very fast and had shit handling.
Match begins...
All players race forward
I, proceeded to backup and drive in the opposite direction...

Some players did not see me coming and for the ones that did, ended up swerving out of the way and hitting the curves or slamming into a wall. But it doesn't end there
Sure all those other people were thrown off guard but most of them could continue forward...

There was always that unlucky bastard I actually collided with. Pieces of our cars would scatter across the race track as one (and sometimes both) of our cars became airborne and were totaled before we even touch the ground... The fondest hate mail was received by many players as my ignorant little ass was crying in laughter.

Now how the fuck I became a non-competitive mutual player who likes games to fun for both sides used to be that horrible atrocity.

Well that was my biggest dick move that I can fondly remember, how about I give you guys a shot at that and see you can't top my evil past self, or just give everyone a good laugh because that's basically what this post is for... Unless you want to go get pissed off because that's totally fine too.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Griefing in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and Bad Company 2. I know people hated me for it but man, I just loved how mad they got.

I know I was being a dick but I didn't care, hearing them get as mad as they did was totally worth it. In BF2:MC I'd attach C4 to the humvees at the start of the match and as soon as people took off in them onto the map, I detonated them and killed half the team. another 4 or 5 kills later and I was auto booted from the server.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Modern Warfare 2.
Me and a friend, quite drunk, decided to declare war on any clans we came across because we thought they were taking the game too seriously.
Of course, being drunk, we weren't all that effective at taking on enemy clans, so we turned on our own side.
We perfected a system where we'd work together to box a teammate into a corner, then teabag (cheesy and obnoxious I know, that was kind of the point) incessantly while firing to draw the enemy to our position and let them get 3 free kills.
And if we couldn't find anyone to box in we'd chuck smoke grenades anywhere it would disadvantage our team, then semtex ourselves. Until we got to about 40 deaths to 0 kills
Doesn't sound very funny, but being drunk we were literally weeping after doing this a few times and listening to the rage on mic.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Not necessarily awful, but when I was bored and playing an MMO, I'd usually jump onto trade chat and write some form of:

"Hey guys. My friend says that WoW wasn't the first MMO. But clearly it was. What can I say to him to prove him wrong?"

And then just watch everyone explode.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Um...nothing, I never tea bagged or anything like that or cussed anyone out for defeating me. What can I say I?m kinda a treat others as you would like to be treated kind of online player.

*shrugs* I guess I pulled a dick move once in ME3 when they released that Cerberus agent and he was clearly over powered and I would just tank my way through the match and run out and pretty much kill everything without giving others a chance. He was just so fun and it was so empowering to use that whip.

Having played since the demo I know how booooring it can be to be a soldier class or something and just watch the adepts mop the floor with everything.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Nothing really , i only tea bag if i was tea bagged first, and only taunt if i was taunted first. I don't enjoy greifing other, unless i was first a victim . The worst thing i must have done was while playing umvc3. I was about to perfect a guy , when i fucked up my combo . So my opponent knowing he was going to lose used a super to for chip damage so i don't get a perfect. I used x-factor and block his attack soley to not take chip damage , and punish him for the 7 golden letters.

And that's not even that bad.

el derpenburgo

Jan 7, 2012
krazykidd said:
Nothing really , i only tea bag if i was tea bagged first
tsk tsk. An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind :'(

With that said, getting teabagged induces a nervous tic in my eye and I do the same thing as you do, but I also teabag first if the person I've killed is a lot higher rank than me. I am a bit of a dick.

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
I love killing friendlies in Halo MP. There's something hilarious about sticking a warthog full of unsuspecting teammates with a plasma grenade and blowing them all to hell.
It feels like I'm desecrating Microsoft's flagship series, and I love it.

Of course I play the game normally most of the time.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Shooting people in the knees on DayZ then running off, leaving them as bait for the incoming zombie horde and/or incoming bandit.
Although I don't do this with new spawns, to be honest. If I'm gonna be a dick to someone, I want to be a dick to someone who can kill me for being so. :p

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well my last game of League was me carrying in the most weird way possible, I was getting destroyed top by a Shen as Riven (does Shen counter Riven?) I never died but he had double my farm and had a level advantage while my team was slowly losing on the other side of the map.

Let me get this out of the way, I never carry. Not conventionally. My thing is getting everyone else fed and not dying, Season 2 support jungle Nocturne was my specialty and people have to get their heads around not dying = better than kills. Anyone who tells me 7/6/2 is a good score gets laughed out of the building.

Somehow I did the Riven thing and killed him at level 6, didn't really help. He went and got all the armour and health in the world. It was a generally unpleasant lane.

We hit midgame, I decide to afk farm top because my team although behind could still hold our inhib towers. I was top pressuring their top towers for the rest of the game. Seriously, Shen would go back and clear the wave and I just strolled back in when he went off to teamfight somewhere

I got 4 man ganked like 5 times, got out successfully 4 times. I rushed a Maw for the magic damage shield because they had an Elise, Shen and Ryze and their bot lane were not there to help with the ganks most of the time. Stacked with my own shield they could never finish me once the Maw proc'd.

My team did the smart thing and free farmed while I was leading the other team on a merry dance top. They couldn't send one person to hold the tower because i'm a Riven with 200+ farm and a few kills. Effortless dives all day so they HAD to send a gank squad or they would lose their inhib after a few pushes.

Singlehandedly relieved all pressure on my teammates so we leveled out the advantage and now the fed Riven can meander down to maybe take part in a proper teamfight

I felt so bad for the enemy team, they deserved that win and I HATE losing to splitpushing

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Playing Left 4 Dead on versus and we got beaten so badly as survivers on the one of the rounds and i was in a really bad mood that day.

On the map No Mercy at the end of the second part just outside the safe room is a piano that can actually be moved by the infected if they put in enough time. So me being in an ass hole mood decided as my infected round to move the piano so it covered the safe room door so the survivors couldnt finish that part of the map.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Playing WoW with my sister @IndomitableSam, if we wanted to farm certain mobs and someone else already was, one of us would challenge them to a duel for the farming rights if they were alliance as well.

We'd then proceed to flag in the middle of the match, and the other one of us would ambush that player and destroy them. Mage/Rogue combo was pretty powerful.

That was kinda terrible.

Robert Read

Aug 31, 2012
Most recent is just in GTA Online finding the guy who has the Priority car and blowuing them up, that and if someone kills you or steals you car just hounding them and killing them repeatedly till they leave is always fun.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Once I played Call of Duty and I saw a guy from the other team and I shot him. Right in the head, he died. I felt really bad about it, but it was my Duty and I had been Called.

Yeah, I rarely play online games outside of the free weekends for Call of Duty on Steam and Monster Hunter 3 with my friends so I don't really do much harm. I hardly ever kill anyone when I play shooters either... that's just me sucking though.

However to contribute with something fun to this thread I will share something my friend did.

There was this free mumorpuger and my friend made a female character with the intention of messing with a random guy. He found one and started flirting with him and they talked for about an hour (the guy was feeding him experience points while he did nothing) before he asked if he had a webcam. Well, he managed to borrow one on short notice and the reaction when he saw who he had been chatting with for the last hour was hilarious.

That was downright evil, but we still laugh at that years later.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I used to grief a lot in Left 4 Dead on Versus, playing as the Infected, like pushing a dumpster over the manhole so the players couldn't progress. OR in Team Fortress 2, I would play as the Engineer and exploit glitches to make my team "skywalk" and make them difficult to kill while they picked off enemies effortlessly from the safety of the sky. I destroyed my brother's account reputation, as I did not have my own account. Looking back, I was quite the little shit online.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Back in good old original Everquest, I'd use Invisibility to tail groups and ninja their loot. Also, while playing Dark Souls I've invaded people in Blight Town. In Demon's Souls I'd invade in the -3 or -4 areas until I found someone afk and then Soulsucker them down to level one.

Aaaand that's about it.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
The worst thing I've done is yell (once) at my partner in a 2 vs 2 match of DemiGod because he was wasting time trying to capture a tower we already controlled while I was fighting both our opponents at another one... Never did it again due to how bad I felt, as I'm usually more of a good sport.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Besides spawn camping the occasional bad team in TF2, I'm never really particularly bad. I'm almost always a good sport in multiplayer games because that's how I like others to play.

I do remember one recent match of TF2, there was an Engineer that was obviously new. I kinda stuck around him as a spy sapping his building as he put them up and just pulling out the Dead Ringer and running circles around him until he eventually managed to whack me with his wrench. I waited for him to gather some metal and put down a new building and sapped that too. I repeated this cycle ad nauseum until he quit the server.

I did feel bad so I traded him some stranges right after though. He was a nice enough guy. Said he had never been so frustrated in a game as when he was trying to build his very first sentry. :p

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I haven't played online in years, I was typically the person who had horrible shit done to him rather than the other way around.

I remember there was one time when I was in Armadillo on Red Dead Redemption, and some guy was galloping through the main street on horseback. I was walking through one of the side streets. With nothing better to do I drew my pistol and in one of the flukiest shots in history, put a single bullet right through his ear canal as he was passing. Once he got over the shock of the unexpected instant death, he proceeded to mercilessly hunt me down fifty times in a row, never even giving me a chance to get to my worthless donkey before killing me again (I was on level 3, he was level 14). Eventually I got bored of seeing my character lying spreadeagled in a pool of his own blood, so I went in search of a different server. Then the dude gave me a negative review on my gamercard for cutting his fun short and lowered my rating.

On balance, I think that was a bit more dickish than me shooting him that one time. Aside from one other similar incident where one guy repeatedly killed me and then chased me all the way to Mexico just for having the gall to ride past the town where he was having a gunfight, I can't think of a time where I was involved in anything particularly notable on Live.