The most Crushing things people have said to you.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I will only say the latest one. I tweeted (yes I have a Twitter. xD) a serious message out.

and well, I'll quote it.

"Are you going emo ir something?" - My best friend.

It crushed me like a stone, I was sad and annoyed. Funny though, now I get to call him something bad! >:D

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
After attempting to end my life in my teens via sleeping pills, I wound up in the ER. I had taken so much that my body was experiencing convulsions and my extremities felt cold and dead due to my body pulling all heat to the center to survive. My parents said while I was still hooked up to IV's, that I should have "shot myself like a man". That comment resulted in me trying and almost succeeding via hanging.

Also add in how they will never accept me, I'm a freak, disgusting, etc etc in my late teens and early twenties in regards to me transitioning. Even though I pass flawlessly (I'm mtf) and have been living as myself for close to a decade, they still refuse to acknowledge my new name (which I had legally changed 6 years ago). Mind you they are also super pro lgbt rights and very anti bigotry, but I guess not when it is close to home.

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
Kashrlyyk said:
To add insult to injury I have been born with a heart disease. I was operated at the age of around one month.
I know how that feels (I have Tricuspid atresia)

Back on topic: There have been some truly devastating things in my life and I?m not sure I want to tell a bunch of (lack of a better word) strangers about them just yet.
In few details something bad happened my family found it hard to cope and we had to move country to the other side of the world.
Pretty sad time in my life and a lot of things said then crushed me.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
When I was a teen, learning about myself and questioning my religious ideals, I told a close family member that I wasn't interested in being Christian anymore. He responded that a family friend of ours, who was very Christan and had been deceased for several years at this point, would have been ashamed of me and that he was glad that friend hadn't lived to see me reject his religion. The family member apologized later, but I don't think I ever really forgave him for it.

*Edit*: I just remembered. About a third of everything my father has ever said to me managed to crush my self-esteem into little bits. Thankfully I didn't see him often when I was a minor and never have to see him again now.

*Edit #2*: Jeez, reading other people's stuff made me remember some messed up things.

"Why don't you just go kill yourself already?"- Asshole in high school, I was already suicidal

"God, why are you so *stupid*? Can't you trust me? I can't believe how stupid you are."- My asshole of a father

"Does anyone here know what a psychopath is?"- Me, giving a presentation
"You?"- Highschool asshole

"Now you're crying?! God..."- Asshole father, again, scaring me then belittling me for being scared.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
My father was a fairly nice man when I was a child but during high school he started drinking very heavily and became very boisterous and tasteless. Arguing and screaming about senseless bullshit in private or in public, and belittling me on numerous occasions. On a few occasions he has even gone so far as to claim I was no longer his son and that he didn't love me anymore.

I wish I could stay mad at the man but his behavior is very schizophrenic, one moment he will be a nice man who says that he cares about me and is cool to hang around but when you do something he doesn't like he gets angry and becomes the devil himself. Some times I wonder if that is his drinking doing the talking or his actual feelings, I stopped caring a long time ago and have just accepted my father for the strange man he is.

Fortunately the rest of my family is normal.

SgtGimli

Apr 1, 2011
Hmm... Well there was the time in high school that my best friend said to me "Do you have any idea how much I get made fun of for being friends with you?"

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
denseWorm said:
someone, now forgotten, once casually remarked that I was a:

"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Ever since then I've been scared that it's the truth at least twice a week. Usually more often.
I know that feel bro. I've come to realise since then that it's the truth, which makes it worse. I never seem to excel at anything or fail at anything I always seem to just get by.

OT: Most things tend not to bother me, most things not all. The last crushing thing I remember hearing was that my cat had been hit by a car, I was about 13 at the time and I'd raised the cat from the litter one of my older cat's had. It was 8 months old and I didn't find out until I got home from a friends house.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
deathninja said:
Padwolf said:
Thanks :) I'm getting through it all with a smile on my face. I figure that as long as I can smile still, and still make my family and friends smile and can help them, things won't be as bad. Got to make the best of things.
Keep your chin up, Ma soeur :)
Thank you :) I'd give you hugs if I could :)

Kindastrange

Dec 29, 2010
Hmm i've got a couple,

When i was young i.e. somehwere between 8 and 10 years old i was bullied real bad. They treated me me like i was something disgusting/contagious, so i would get remarks like "don't come near, i don't want my (insert toy/random item) to get dirty". This was because i was the new kid who didn't have brand clothes.

In following up on above story, my parents bassicly said to "walk it off". "Don't react".
That hurt. . . .it got so bad i attempted to kill myself at age 12.

Ehm more recently. . . my mom telling me to work harder at school. To frame it. This was during my second year of me working to get my bachelor in nursing. I just finished an internship at a nursery home for mostly elderly people. It was understaffed, barely equiped (we didn't even have gloves. . . .so i had to bring my own, or wash people who crapped themselves barehand), i had no guidence and the staff that was there sucked (where they'd bring 4 people to the bathroom a day, i did more that 15). So there i was broken, overworked and to top it off the deadline for turning in the papers etc. was shortened by a week. . . . Finally i managed to turn in everything in time, hadn't slept for 74 hours when i did. I GOT 2 STRAIGHT As AND MY MOM TOLD ME TO WORK HARDER!!!!! Something just died in me at that point. I have a bad realtionship with my parents. Not that we're constantly arguing etc. Jsut really distant. At that point my mom stopped being my "mom" and became that "person".

And finnaly: "I'm so proud of you" (i know weird). It was my mom again last year. read above. It's not that it's hurtfull in itself but it is to me. My grades were never high enough, stuff never good enough. . . But now you are suddenly proud of me?!? I don't get it, actually feel more resentment.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
"Dad has cancer, and less than a year left."

Anytime when I was little and said I wanted to be a vet my mom said my grades weren't good enough. I took it like I was too stupid, but she thought she was telling me to get better grades.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Padwolf said:
Well bugger me, need to shoot something on a game or something and relieve stress and whatnot. After 5 years of nothing but bad news and bad luck, no matter how hard I try to work for everything I do, I just can't take more crushing blows.
Oh god I know them feels >.< within the first half hour of leaving the house, most time a couple of things will go wrong and it'll just go from there.

As for relationships, I'm at the point where I just think "If you want me, you're gonna have to try really fucking hard."
I know I'm not a great person but I certainly don't deserve all the shit I've had recently. There's only so much someone can take.

OT: also forgot, "No wonder everyone hates you, you fucking waste of space!"
My sister was, and still is an absolute ****.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Theres been a number, two related to people crushing my dreams over my life time, first was when I was about 8 I told my dad I wanted to be an actor, he told me "forget that, never going to happen so quit dreaming!" and to some extent I know where he was coming from but you never know what might have been and who the hell says that to an 8 year old

Another was when I was in secondary school (16 at the time) and we were being asked what we wanted to be in life, after class my teacher held me back and told me to take a seat, a bad start there, and she proceeded to tell me that "I didn't want to embaress you in front of the class but with your learning disability you'll never be able to be a vet, I'm so sorry"... I know her heart was in the right place but damn it...

Then there was the time that I heard something I never meant to hear... or read I guess, a "friend" sent a text to my phone by mistake that read "just make sure doesn't come, doesn't he realise he is not welcome?! no one likes that f*cker!", needless to say I confronted him and all my friends about it, seems they all shared that view and christ that hurt, still that was in secondary school, I thankfully went on to university and met a ton of friends who I still hang out with regularily now

Finally, this was a fortnight ago... for years now I've had an issue with my hands, for as long as I can remember really where they twitch, can never keep them still, be it the fingers or the wrists or what have you, only started to get it looked into this past year because things seemed to be getting worse. After ages of tests, doctors visits etc etc. I was finally sat down by my doctor who told me "The problem with your nerves is just going to get worse, we could go in and do surgery but it would be like a band aid on a gunshot wound, you're best bet is therapy and preparing yourself mentally" Essentially being told that I will eventually lose most of function in my hands, preventing me from doing 2 things I love in life, drawing and playing video games... I guess I'll learn to deal with it but still...

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Nope, not really anything especially horrible. I mean, people have been said some pretty bad stuff to me, but there hasn't been one that stands out, so I'm going to go with something that isn't very awful or funny either, I remember this one douchebag at I think fourth grade when I was still playing football (that's soccer for you Americans) told me that we were going to lose because of me. (he was in the same team)

Yeah, it's really insignificant, but I was quite vulnerable back then and my life has just been so devoid of ups and downs, so nothing worse has come across yet.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Kindastrange said:
Won't lie.. But you're really in the wrong. Have you considered the notion that your mother told you to work harder and harder constantly to get you to work harder? So you'd get great grades and better and more plentiful possibilities in the future? She was proud of you, cause you had done well. I really see her as more loving, than evil.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
My friends told me my luck with women is so bad I might as well turn gay and since I look like Freddie Mercury I'd have a guy before the day was over. I told my female boss (she's hot and just a year older than me) and she agreed.

My other boss told me I should take my paycheck and get a hooker.

My soul hurts from remembering those.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
denseWorm said:
someone, now forgotten, once casually remarked that I was a:

"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Ever since then I've been scared that it's the truth at least twice a week. Usually more often.
How is that a crushing statement? I'd think that was awesome. Then again, I consider that a compliment, rather than an insult.

I guess my most crushing statement would be when we were told that our dog had cancer, and he'd have to be put to sleep. This year is the 10th anniversary of that, too. :\

Jun 5, 2012
Well during my junior year of high school I started both of the only real relationships I have been in. one ended when the girl came out of the closet(that was rough) and the other broke up with me for my best friend.(she cheated on him which saved our friendship).

This was probably the softest of the blow I suffered that year as shortly after those events I got a horrible skin infection, followed by one of my vertebrae shifting to the right causing me near constant pain. About a week after that happened later my mom got a phone call that caused her to break down in tears, her god son whom was my cousin and one of my best friends had died of a heart failure at age 20. I despite my back problems was a Pall-bearer at his funeral. about two months after all of this happened my house burned down.

When I told some1 about this venting the response was " you should not be so negative all the time" I was really angry for one second and afterwords I just stared laughing hysterically

edit sorry if im rambling I just like to vent sometimes

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I don't really have the specific quote but it was along the lines of: "Haha your mum is crazy and that's why you'll never be a doctor or an actor, writer or whatever, you'll be crazy too..."

Considering my mother is a paranoid schizophrenia, manic depressive and bi-polar on top of a couple of addictions this one was really a low blow and putting it atop the constant insults and beating from my peers it really is the icing on the cake that is my social life... I've gotten used to it now but I can tell it still affects me as I lay up hours some nights and scream and kick the walls others... *sigh* That's it I'm getting a lobotomy...