The most decent character of all time

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
That man makes me cry at times. The real time episode "Life Time", he has a line that you can tell (for the character) hurt to say.
That episode was full of them. It was also one of those rare moments when the show acknowledged one of Hawkeye's biggest flaws. How his incredible ability as a surgeon and the confidence he has also makes him incredibly self-centered. And not only did the audience get a good look at that with just 2 lines... Hawkeye even has to acknowledge it as well, a tough pill to swallow while trying to save a life.

"(Capt. B.J. Hunnicut enters with the aortic graft removed from a soldier who had died just minutes before)

Hawkeye: (impatently) What took so long?

Capt. B.J. Hunnicut: The guy it was attached to was still using it."

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
That episode was full of them. It was also one of those rare moments when the show acknowledged one of Hawkeye's biggest flaws. How his incredible ability as a surgeon and the confidence he has also makes him incredibly self-centered. And not only did the audience get a good look at that with just 2 lines... Hawkeye even has to acknowledge it as well, a tough pill to swallow while trying to save a life.

"(Capt. B.J. Hunnicut enters with the aortic graft removed from a soldier who had died just minutes before)

Hawkeye: (impatently) What took so long?

Capt. B.J. Hunnicut: The guy it was attached to was still using it."
“The ruthless calculus of war” I guess.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Frodo Baggins, but not in a way that's even slightly likeable. Like, you don't have to be a dick to be fun, but he doesn't seem to be fun at all?
Nah, it's Samwise. Frodo would've faltered ten times over without Sam's steadfast companionship.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Nah, it's Samwise. Frodo would've faltered ten times over without Sam's steadfast companionship.
Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't invite either of them to a party though. Unless it was some sort of potato party I guess.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't invite either of them to a party though. Unless it was some sort of potato party I guess.
Po-tay-toes! Boil em. Mash em. Stick em in a stew.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I would, they’re both nice and enjoy their beer but they’re not boisterous drunks. We’d sink a few, smoke a pipe, play some cards and go out separate ways quietly fulfilled.

Now if you invited Merry and Pippin, you’d be cleaning vomit off the privy walls, replacing a half dozen tables, and wake up with a filthy hangover and angry neighbours complaining about bushes killed by Hobbit urine.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou