The most derailed thread you've ever seen is..

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Hey y'all!

So, after flicking through my posting history i've realised that a thread here on The Escpaist which was derailed from "honesty" to "licking a pony made from custard" was brutally killed and came to wondering, as sometimes a derailed thread can provide a lot more entertainment than the OP.

What is the most derailed you've ever seen a thread be,
Is it acceptable to derail a thread,
What is the best derailment you've ever seen? ;D

Jan 27, 2011
Probably a thread on another forum where a previously tempbanned user was whining and apologizing without really apologizing.

Then someone said "Not this again. This Thread is now about waffles".

And every post after was about waffles. Except the OP, who was getting upset and whining more. But everyone told him to get back on topic, and resumed the waffle discussion. XD

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
it was this one thread where someone mentioned candlejack. suddenly the thread was completely derai

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I was on the thread the OP mentioned.

I'm guessing five pages of random nonsense before it was deleted.

It was fucking awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only derail thread I can remember was someone posted somthing about posion in the game topic. Upon clicking on it, it was about using posions in the game "Moster Hunter Tri". The people who post on it were talking about more other posion and they haven't play that game. The OP gave up easily and just talk about posion in games. I did post a relevent comment since I have play the game but still the OP could of added the game name onto the topic title to not get it derail.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
darthotaku said:
it was this one thread where someone mentioned candlejack. suddenly the thread was completely derai
I don't know if it was derailed per say, but my "Don't drop the soap" thread, kind of drifted a bit thanks to Candlejack. He really fu

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
It's this thread, right now.

Isn't Batman cool? I wonder who'd win in a fight between Batman and Wolverine. My money's on Batman, because while I wouldn't say he's a better fighter that Wolverine (though I might settle for equally good), I know he wouldn't enter a fight with Wolvie unless he'd figured out some way to win.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
Queen Michael said:

Isn't Batman cool? I wonder who'd win in a fight between Batman and Wolverine. My money's on Batman, because while I wouldn't say he's a better fighter that Wolverine (though I might settle for equally good), I know he wouldn't enter a fight with Wolvie unless he'd figured out some way to win.
personally I disagree. I believe it would turn into a draw. Batman is definitly smarter than Wolverine, but Wolverine has super healing powers and an adamantium skeleton. Batman is awesome but you can't in all honesty say he has a superpowerful electro-magnet in his utility belt. It wouldn't fit.
Batman would blind Wolverine and escape to nurse his wounds. Then later come back with the electro-magnet, then he'd have a chance.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I think one thread I made devolved into a discussion of hugs or something :/

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
darthotaku said:
Queen Michael said:

personally I disagree. I believe it would turn into a draw. Batman is definitly smarter than Wolverine, but Wolverine has super healing powers and an adamantium skeleton. Batman is awesome but you can't in all honesty say he has a superpowerful electro-magnet in his utility belt. It wouldn't fit.
Batman would blind Wolverine and escape to nurse his wounds. Then later come back with the electro-magnet, then he'd have a chance.
Nah, a lot of popular media depicts Wolverine as not using lethal force unless he is fighting someone that can take it. I don't think the Wolverine would be like that or be able to control himself. It would be an epic fight - right up there with Bruce Lee v Chuck Norris - but eventually Wolverine would get great stab in - bye bye Batman.

Which is your favourite Bruce Lee fight peeeps?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I disagree! Homosexuals totally SHOULD be placed in trains and sent en masse to San Fransisco! Its fantastic there! To suggest otherwise would only reveal you as a worshiper of nurgle! May the force be with you. Oyori!

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Batfred said:
darthotaku said:
Queen Michael said:

Nah, a lot of popular media depicts Wolverine as not using lethal force unless he is fighting someone that can take it. I don't think the Wolverine would be like that or be able to control himself. It would be an epic fight - right up there with Bruce Lee v Chuck Norris - but eventually Wolverine would get great stab in - bye bye Batman.

Which is your favourite Bruce Lee fight peeeps?
The ones in the old Batman series with Adam West. They're the only ones I've seen!

(Thread maker: come on, you had to know it'd end up like this ;) )

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
You know Batman's not really a superhero? I mean, he's super rich, but he's not got any powers or stuff. If I won the lottery, I would consider becoming a batman.

Also; cumulus clouds, outrageously racist or woefully misunderstood? Discuss.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Queen Michael said:

Well, here's the thing: What are the surroundings? If there are places for cover, or general things Batman can use to his advantage, then I'd probably say he'd win. In the open, as just a straight-up fight, I gotta give it to Wolverine.

VTSK

Jun 3, 2008
Sun Flash said:
You know Batman's not really a superhero? I mean, he's super rich, but he's not got any powers or stuff. If I won the lottery, I would consider becoming a batman.
It's a lot of work, though. First, you've got to travel back in time and somehow get your parents killed by a criminal, and... well, already it's looking pretty hopeless. What with time travel being impossible.

If it were possible, though, what would you use time travel for?

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
RandallJohn said:
Queen Michael said:

Well, here's the thing: What are the surroundings? If there are places for cover, or general things Batman can use to his advantage, then I'd probably say he'd win. In the open, as just a straight-up fight, I gotta give it to Wolverine.
This is very perspicacious. I agree with you. Wolverine heals, Batman doesn't. That's really all there is to it.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Well Wolverine has the whole metal bones and claws and all that jazz going for him...

But is he THE GODDAMN BATMAN?

I rest my case.

On Topic: Cumulus clouds are amazing, they make me feel like I'm in the Teletubbies.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
[HEADING=1]Objection![/HEADING]

Ha. You all think you're derailing this thread?

The very fact that this thread is about derailed threads gives it a perfect licence to take on the apperance of a derailed thread without actually becoming one

Therefore! All of your arguements are INVALID!

[sub]Thanks for giving me an excuse to use that Edgeworth GIF[/sub]