the most disappointed you have ever been in a game

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
Amethyst Wind said:
Final Fantasy X-2, at least I FINISHED the other games I wasn't happy with.
Yeah. I was so pumped about X-2. It was terribly disappointing. I'm slightly tempted to play through just to know the story - but I gave my copy away years ago. XD

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ocarina of Time. Finally played it two months ago. I was expecting the GREATEST GAME EVER from all the praise people heap on it.

I got a good game, that nostalgia fools people into thinking is perfect.
Well compared to todays standards yeah it is pretty bad, but if u had gotten it back then, well you'd might love it (or do you just not like the zelda series?)
I love the series. It's odd that my favorite games in the series happen to be the 2D ones, though.
Hey man, I agree with you, my absolute favorites are A Link to The Past and Link's Awakening, it has been said every Zelda game after Link to the past is all the same
My favorites are actually the Capcom ones. Minish Cap, Seasons, and Ages bringing up the rear.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Bioshock 2. It had the promise of good game from the first one but spectacularly failed to draw me in.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
It'd definately be Oblivion's character creator. You have a million and one options but your character will always have a big nose and weird eyes. And never look right from the side.
I've thought this for such a long time. Not even Khajit can escape the curse of THE FUNNY NOSE.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Probably the most disappointed I have been was with the games that where never released. I am looking at you aptly named Starcraft Ghost.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Onyx Oblivion said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ocarina of Time. Finally played it two months ago. I was expecting the GREATEST GAME EVER from all the praise people heap on it.

I got a good game, that nostalgia fools people into thinking is perfect.
Well compared to todays standards yeah it is pretty bad, but if u had gotten it back then, well you'd might love it (or do you just not like the zelda series?)
I love the series. It's odd that my favorite games in the series happen to be the 2D ones, though.
Hey man, I agree with you, my absolute favorites are A Link to The Past and Link's Awakening, it has been said every Zelda game after Link to the past is all the same
My favorites are actually the Capcom ones. Minish Cap, Seasons, and Ages bringing up the rear.
yah I actually could never beat the Oracle games

camaille

Aug 14, 2008
So much agree with you about GTA IV, worst thing is: it was exactly what I was expecting, but something didn't work...

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Most recently... Resident Evil 5.

I'm not a fan of the series, but I still consider Resident Evil 4 one of the greatest games I've ever played. After a masterpiece like that, I never once expected RE5 to be better. But holy shit, I didn't expect that it would suck ass:

-Dopey and horriblly written story
-Unlikable protagonists and "impossible to take seriously" villains
-Seven hour campaign (compared to RE4's twelve)
-Absolutley no sence of tension
-Repeditive gameplay
-One dinky wittle puzzle
-Iratateing parter AI
-An annoying inventory system
-The most obvious plot twist...
-...and most anit-climactic ending in recent gaming history.

I'm still baffled at how much praise the game still gets.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
GTA4. I've played GTA2, VC and SA, but this one just felt odd to me. The steering didn't help much either...
Halo2. I've only played the demo of the first one, and I finally gave into the hype and bought it.
Tales of Monkey Island. I got the first one for free on that promotion thing (talk like a pirate day, or something), and it didn't live up to its predecessors.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
It'd definately be Oblivion's character creator. You have a million and one options but your character will always have a big nose and weird eyes. And never look right from the side.
Ha! I hope they fix this up for the next game. The Fallout creator was waaaay better!

Ummm Devil May Cry 2, 3 & 4 i guess. They just got progressively worse.

Grand Track

Mar 4, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 2. While not a bad game by any stretch, the story itself seemed to lose the charm that it had on the first game, not to mention the characters became WAAAAY more annoying.

Maybe returning to 80% of the worlds you "locked" in the first game tainted it a bit.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
Ascarus said:
DragonChi said:
Hellgate london
agreed. the preview cinematics were amazing. but i was always hesitant when i saw the in game footage or read about the previews.

was very glad i didn't buy the game after it came out. no one of anyone i know who purchased it, even remotely enjoyed the game.
yea, it was a real shame too. that game had SOO much potential.

Feroste

Mar 3, 2010
well looking into the future im expecting halo: reach to fail and make everyone sad =(
its probably just a flying version of halo 3

But other than that i have to say halo: odst (firefight waz awesome but not worth 30$)
and for a pc game i would have to say oblivion (i know its not just pc) character creation sucked and alot of the features from its predecessor weren't in it (forgot name of game)

Ciler

Nov 16, 2009
Most disappointing of all time: Master of Orion 3
I loved the first two, and I waited so long for the third, but it turned out to be pretty mediocre.

Most disappointing recently: Left 4 Dead 2
I never played the first one, and all the hype had me expecting a great game. Instead I found it to be quite annoying and not very fun. I guess I've been spoiled by modern FPS game engines that have more realistic feeling weapons, destructible objects in the environment, the ability to "zoom aim" with all guns, and don't feel like you're speed skating everywhere you move.