the most disappointed you have ever been in a game

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Pretty much every movie-based game, but now I don't expect that much from them.

My worst disapointment was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for DS. I needed something to kill the time, and The chamber of Secrets for GBC was actually really good for a GBC moviebased game. Hell, it was a pretty good game. But then I decided to get goblet of fire. It sucked in every way, and I have scavenged all levels, but I still lack 2 things... The boss fight with Voldemort is a supreme disapointment too. I played a game about cats that was harder than that...

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
Shepard said:
Far Cry 2. That game failed on every level except graphics, the graphics were amazing.
this, far cry 2 was a beautiful looking game, but i still have no idea what was going on

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Blanemcc said:
Grand Theft Auto IV.

I'm being serious. I hated it, and have never been more disappointed in ANY game.
This. Seriously, how can anyone think this game is good? It is SO FULL OF BUGS! Also, it was somehow a try of a more realistic game, looks like it failed miserably at that part.

EDIT: Oh, and Alone in the Dark. It seemed so promising until the very beginning, ask Fellwarden for more info on that one.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Carmageddon 3...where they made the whole game the WORST parts of Carmageddon 2, the missions. And you could never advance your timer past 2 minutes so you couldn't leisurely roll around the map running people over and doing cool stunts like the first one.

Cingle

Jul 12, 2006
Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth - I love the source material. The first few hours were great. And then, bam!, upside the head with enormous and wild difficulty spikes. I was disappointed because I couldn't be arsed to replay the same section of the game 50 times until I got lucky enough to make it through.

Braid - I had heard so much good press. And, yes, I did enjoy the new takes on game mechanics with a sense of glee. But I thought there was going to be some big reveal at the end about what exactly was the point of the narrative. When there didn't seem to be one, I did some reading on the web and found that (potentially) I simply hadn't read the same books as JB. The narrative was just confusing and frustrating and brought my experience of the whole package down a few notches.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
somedude98 said:
The only thing that made me happy was that the RPG when fired directly upwards falls back down on you.
Now I'm disappointed I got rid of it before I tried that.

EliteDave725

Aug 11, 2009
rt052192 said:
Halo 3: ODST

I was promised something new, but all i got was a master chief who looked like an ODST

Firefight was fun though...
I second that point and would also like to add that the silenced submachine gun is one of the worst weapon design choices that Bungie has ever made. You can't take advantage of being stealthy because of the Covenant buddy system as well as your character always being noticed by those Jackal sharpshooters regardless of your ability to move around a map.

blueindian3

Sep 14, 2008
Heavy rain dragged thru first couple hours , then played 10 more hours to make it to last level and have game lock up screen go black had to manually shut off , rebooted and could never finish . Gamestop said it was my ps3 , my reply was it was slim and 3 days old . Ahhhhh! Disappointment

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Ferrari Challenge (Wii). I'm a massive fan of the arcade, so being able to play it at home seemed awesome. Alas, it was not to be. It looked like a shitty PS2 game, had no multiplayer, only 8 cars on track and still couldn't run smoothly.

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
A big one for me was Black and White 2. It was as if Peter Moloneuxynewnuenew literally said "Hey guys! Lets throw EVERY SINGLE AWESOME THING about the first Black and White out the window and fill the void with purty graffix and a bunch of menus and a check list!"

[small][sarcasm][/small]Because when I think about how a GOD goes about his busy schedule, I of course imagine he makes a checklist, just so he doesn't forget anything important.[small][/sarcasm][/small]

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
Bioshock. That game was so wonderful and it had such a shitty ending! Oh well, even diamonds sometimes have big, obvious scratches on them. The end of Fable II came way too quick and was extremely disappointing to say the least. The first Fable was much better.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Star Wars: Force Unleashed. As a Star Wars-fan I had big hopes for this game. I hoped for awsome forcepowers and epic lightsaber duels.
What I got was a linear game with some cool and some lame powers and no use for the saber what so ever.
Huge lettdown.

Morten A

Dec 7, 2009
Freaking Overlord!

The whole game is built up on the fact that you are supposed to be an evil overlord, but you aren't. You are a hero who has been decived by the real overlord...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Devil May Cry 4. I really like the DMC series (apart from 2. That game made me cry on how bad it was) with DMC 3 being my favourite (I have the special edition where you can play as Virgil :) ), so to play as a whiny ***** with all the charisma of a door screaming after a cardboard cutout girlfriend made me seethe. That, and having to fight the same damn bosses AGAIN just to pad out the game, sent me into a rage.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
RossyB said:
Red Alert 3. I expected a fun and somewhat silly RTS that followed closely to the style and gameplay of its predeccesor. What I got was a short, stupidly silly RTS that had been balanced to such a degree that tactics and strategy no longer played a role.

I mean, Japanese school girls with psycic powers and gundam-esque robots? Building bases on water? I'm still very bitter about it.
This. I can't believe I bought it and I quickly rectified that by returning it and yelling at the person who sold it to me for not stopping me. It's truly just several hours of EA pissing on Westwood's grave, and while you can't ZOMGTANKRUSH any more, I don't enjoy the way that I can have an entire army of one unit and get them taken out by a few of another so that I have to cover all bases before I even explore. It's pretty retarded, and while you might argue that I have to use strategy or whatever at the end of the day - it's not fun. That's all that matters. Nothing else.

Hm. My biggest disappointment would probably be UFC: Undisputed 2009, which had an unbelievably complicated control scheme and an unsatisfying and seemingly random game-play experience. Avoid - and probably its sequel too.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
The ending of KOTOR 2, and...

The whole experience of playing Star Trek: Shattered Universe. Has to be the worst game I've ever played.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Spore was and still is the greatest disappoint I've ever experienced from a game. It had such a brilliant concept and if done right could have been an instant classic. Instead it ended up being a ho-hum game I played once and never even bothered finishing.