The most emotional moment for you in a video game

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
I'd say killing the boss in metal gear solid 3, the fact you had to manually pull the trigger makes it so much harder.
Or dom's death in GOW3, I mean the music and the feeling, it was something gears just hadnt pulled off to that point.
Your views?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Persona 4. The ending. That song they play during the credits... just gets to me. Such a touching end to a great game.

Seriously, by the end of the game, you've been with these characters for so long, they kinda become like friends. It sucks having to say goodbye like that.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Lost Odyssey. Where your daughter dies.

It's a sad, touching moment. And, you know the best way to immediately kill that mood?
Follow the cut scene with 3 consecutive fetch quests. How else are you going to properly mourn the death of your daughter?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Completing MW3. Along with all the twists and turns throughout the game, and the other MW games. The story of MW3 especially really does mean a whole lot more if you have played all previous games. I'm glad I finally spent to £40 purely for the campaign, even though I don't play the multiplayer that much like I used to with previous games.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
The end of MGS4

When Snake finally reconciles with his "father" Big Boss, and he's finally able to live life

Also the ending to Red Dead Redemption, and the Christina series of missions in Assassins Creed Brotherhood :'(

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
In Fallout 3, I once accidentally vaporized Dogmeat with a laser rifle.

I genuinely felt my heartstrings get yanked at that moment.

Battle Pope

Nov 2, 2009
Bioshock.

It wasn't the twist itself, it was the fact that I harvested every little sister I found because he told me too.

Anger and sadness abound. Mainly sadness.

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
Most of them were in Heavy Rain:
The playground scene
The first scene
and the ending you get if you killed off everyone

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
Persona 4. The ending. That song they play during the credits... just gets to me. Such a touching end to a great game.

Seriously, by the end of the game, you've been with these characters for so long, they kinda become like friends. It sucks having to say goodbye like that.
Yeah, just started playing that one a couple days ago. I know what you mean already, since Persona 3 made me feel the same way, but seeing the characters accept themselves just gets to me.

Anyway, my choice is, as stated by a few before me, Metal Gear Solid 3. "Way to Fall" playing in the credits doesn't help me avoid crying , of course, but EVA's monologue... damn, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Probably the ending of Terranigma.
You get killed by the main bad guy, but then are revived by the main good guy. At this point, you go and defeat the villain only to have the good guy tell you that you and everyone you love has about 6 hours to live. Enjoy it while you can.
It felt so unfair...[sub]sniff[/sub]

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
kman123 said:
The end of Act 1 of The Darkness.

I have yet to find another game that has emotionally affected me like that. And yes I have probably played through all of your incoming suggestions.
Fucking Ninja'd. I friggin' loved that scene beyond almost any a game has ever coughed up. What was even better was that it was at the beginning (Well, first fifth through) instead of the end like most similar scenes. Not to mention all the reminiscing through the rest of The Darkness. If only the second looked like it will be even half as good.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
I've said it before, and I'll say it a hundred times over or until I can think of something better.

There's this one scene with Fiora in Xenoblade Chronicles...

Goddamn it, Monolith. Why'd you have to do that to me!?

Also, whenever this song plays, it's usually one of these...

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'd say I haven't really had a moment when a game tugged on my proverbial heartstrings since
Final Fantasy VI.

First, escaping the floating continent only to have your vehicle cut in half, the characters you'd been getting to know over the course of the game flying in every direction, and then zoom out to the planet being decimated by forces beyond the scope of mortal control...
Then you get to wake up a year later as one of the more recently introduced members of the cast, on a deserted island, with only a sick old man/father figure for company who, if you don't figure out the fishing minigame (which I didn't the first time... I didn't even know I had a separate quest items inventory), dies of a wasting sickness.
At that point, your character attempts suicide by jumping off a cliff into the sea:
aaand here's the scene, in all its 16-bit glory. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6qjPj7O3g#t=4m20s]

This was all pretty heavy stuff for little ol' teenage me. Two moments in somewhat quick succession where I thought the game had ended in scripted tragedy for the protagonists.

synulia

Mar 1, 2011
Two levels in Medal of Honor: Frontline, mostly because of the music that plays during them.

Seeing your paratrooper buddy caught on a windmill get riddled with bullets while you watch powerlessly really hurts emotionally.

This one too. Stepping into the ruined city and realizing that you're fighting a losing battle. Knowing the ultimate fate of Operation Market Garden adds a bittersweet feeling, and you recognize the futility of your actions.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
The single moment that yanked me the most was doing CPR on the main characters son in Heavy Rain on my first play through, I was pressing the buttons and concentrating so hard on not getting it wrong, I think I would have genuinely felt loss if I could save him.

But that whole game was an emotional roller-coaster....makes me wonder why I've not played it in a while...