The Most Fail Moment in gaming, Ever.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
One time, while I was at my friends house, I was watching him play GTA: San Andreas on his PS2. He had CJ hop on a bike and start pedaling forward. My friend then proceeded to look down at his cheat book. I said "Hey, Eric."
He said "Hold on."
"Um... Eric."
"Hold on!"
"Eric."
He looked up to see CJ crash right into a telephone pole and fall on his face.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I played Rock Band 2 with my brother. Anyone who plays Rock Band knows that pausing the game is just not feasible, because you WILL miss the next few notes when you unpause. Knowing this I tend to do what I always do on our 3rd or 4th song, I walk over to where he's drumming and fart at him. However the last time I did so he made us fail a setlist causing us to lose a ton of fans.

Seriously, he suxxorz.

Sargoto

Oct 22, 2008
Seriously the only thing i can think of in my life that's even close to that story involves yet another MMORPG sadly.

I created a wood elf in everquest, to promptly walk off the tree house type city you start in, to my death.

Lord_Of_Plum

Apr 5, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Something that happened less than a minute ago fits with this category.

So a Sniper is healing at a dispenser while the engineer fixes a sentry. Suddenly, a spy appears behind the engineer! What does our fearless Sniper hero do? Absolutely nothing. In fact, worse than nothing. He runs behind the dispenser rather than towards the spy. Engineer gets back stabbed, then the sniper does as well.
Speaking of TF2 fail moments...
On dustbowl, stage 1, I am attemping to spy-cap the second point. As soon as the first point is capped, I uncloak and start capping. An enemy sniper comes around the side and sees me. At this point, I think my spy cap attempt to have failed, because by the time I had dealt with the sniper, other enemies would be there to kill me. But instead of the sniper trying to block my capture by getting on the point, he stands there. And tries to shoot me with his rifle. For around 5 seconds, while I'm capping the final point, he stands there trying to shoot me.
I died a little inside.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Dusty Pancakes said:
I played a game called I Wanna Be The Guy. I stopped playing that game.
That is the scariest game evar.
Scary = Hard? Yeah, Agreed.
As for my contribution: I'm going with IWBTG as well. It's buggy, and most of all, makes little to no sense. Let's not forget the golden rule of life: Apples, and everything else: WILL. KILL. YOU. Alot..
THAT GAME
APPLES
THEY DO NOT FALL UP
*Goes catatonic*

In related news, I recently became the guy. It took many many hours and my deaths ranged in the tens of thousands. I did it, though. It made me happy.

Well!

Fail moments that I've had...well, I was playing Dungeon Crawl, and just managed to kill off about eighty bazillion orcs with my level 4 fighterdorf. I was very proud, but down to exactly one health. I was munching at all my available rations when suddenly, a kobold throws a dart, killing me. I did not play that game again for a few weeks.

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
Spending an hour getting Yunalesca down to 400 hp in her last form and then having your entire party kill itself from her AoE confusion. Mind you, this is trying to kill her as a favor to your friend, who horribly screwed up the sphere grids for every single character.

That was pretty damn stressful.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Space Spoons said:
That's a pretty fail moment indeed, but I still think it's more fail that in Frogger, you can die from falling in the water.

In Frogger. A game about a frog.
Lol I just now noticed that

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Space Spoons said:
That's a pretty fail moment indeed, but I still think it's more fail that in Frogger, you can die from falling in the water.

In Frogger. A game about a frog.
This used to bother me.

I cant play beat em' up's. i ALWAYS get owned ¬¬

Table Chair

Jul 8, 2009
I was playing TF2 whilst playing as a Spy. I see a Heavy all alone busy shooting, i sneak up behind him and backstab him. He doesn't die. I attemped this 5 more times. "WTF! why won't you die!"

..He was on my team..

Also; on Bioshock I killed a Big Daddy, I go up to the Little Sister but for some reason the menu to save/harvest the Sister didn't come up. I wondered why until I turned to the left and saw ANOTHER Big Daddy with red eyes.. I died..

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
Its when you think you have it under control and then you loose that sucks.
Once when me and my friends were doing horde mode on Gears of War 2, we got all the way to wave 50 and all but one of us was dead. The last guy took out most of the remaining enemies but the very last one ran up and killed him with a chainsaw. We spent a good 10 minutes laughing at him. ^^

Darkrain11

May 14, 2009
Thank Youtube for this one and sadly, no I don't have a link.

An Akuma and a Zangief player where fighting on the jungle stage. Akuma had been slowly but surely depleting Zangief's health over the course of the round. With 15 sec left, Zangief manages to get Akuma with his Ultra. Zangief suplexes Akuma once, twicw, then throws him into the air for the piledriver finisher. At the exact moment that Zangief hits the ground with Akuma doing his piledriver, the match times out. The damage does not register and Akuma wins the match. Such a hard fail but ya do have to feel kinda bad for the Zangief.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
If the words 'airstrike', and 'hardcore team deathmatch' mean anything to you, you can probably guess what mine is.

Sargoto

Oct 22, 2008
miracleofsound said:
If the words 'airstrike', and 'hardcore team deathmatch' mean anything to you, you can probably guess what mine is.
So many good times playing call of duty four, Heh pretty fail team ?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sargoto said:
miracleofsound said:
So many good times playing call of duty four, Heh pretty fail team ?
Actually it was me... I accidentally killed my entire team...

There was swearing, oh yes there was.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
B T A M R D said:
I played the endless set-list 2 in Rock Band 2 and since I play on Expert I decided to turn it down a notch (to guarentee no fail). I get to the 2nd to last song wich is Visions and thinking to myself "Woo almost done lets do this" I start the song and fail i try and try and I keep failing, I sit in shock at the relization that I can't beet it. I don't usually waste 6hours of my life so this almost brought me to tears.

Fail

Welcome to the Escapist
i did the exact same thing. only i kept going til i did it. had to leave the 360 switched on overnight so i could tackle it in the morning. and now i refuse to ever play that fucking song again.