The Most Horrific Pain of Your Life

Jroo wuz heer

Apr 1, 2010
EOD Tech said:
Finger cut off. Close second: nerve block in a very, ah, sensitive area.

Can't believe people are saying spinal tap...that was actually pretty painless for me. I wonder if there are different types.
what the hell is a spinal tap?

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Well I was going to say having my fore arm broken was not a lot of fun. But after I saw a post of someone stating child birth..... I shouldn't really complain.

caboose309

Sep 18, 2008
the worst pain of my life was when i got 3rd degree burns on my arm when i was welding with my dad that was 5 years ago and i still have the scar. i was 12 and i was holding something up for my dad to weld. he was almost finished fusing the two pieces of metal together and it fell on my arm. trust me having orange hot metal on your arm is pretty bad to say the least.

Archroy

Sep 30, 2010
Pneumonia and pleurisy. It was unbearably painful and I could barely breathe. Spent a week in hospital and came out about 20 pounds lighter than when I went in. There was also the time that I put my back out and couldn't straighten up because all the muscles spasmed. That was almost as bad.

kandza

Mar 15, 2009
Meningitis. The pain was so bad, that I didn't even notice a spinal tap. Also it kinda messed up my brains for a while, so I couldn't eat or drink properly. I just puked it out. I lost 7 kg. By the end of it, I was happy to be alive.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I'll only say for physical right now:

Having a root canal done a few months ago... without any anesthesia or gas.

However, emotionally, I've experienced far worse.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I know I'm probably going to get made fun of because of this but my PMSing pains. I literally cried once and couldn't get to sleep for more then four hours.

worst pain ever in my entire life. Also when I cut myself on a cord. That hurt like shit.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Dentist. I had a cavity(hole) in one of my molars, but It was small. Or so I thought. It hurt a lot, so I poked in it with the iron part of one of these
And then it dissapeared about half a centimeter(an inch is 2,54 centimeter, so about 1/5th an inch(molar was about 1.5 centimeter) into my molar, easily reaching the root/nerve. Which hurt. So with my brilliant insight I jammed a toothpick into the hole to lock it off from cold, outside air and food. Which worked! (the dentist was closed for the summer break)

Then, after the summer break was over, I went to the dentist, pointed out the molar and he started drilling. Though I warned him about the depth, he reasured me that it was fine and it couldn't possilbly be that deep. He then started scraping the newly drilled hole with one of these:
And unavoidably hit my nerve(not a joke) upon which I yelled out in pain. After standing still for a while he said: "That hurt." Yes it did. A lot.
He then filled the hole and left the molar alone, though It's still irritated and painful even now, after half a year or so. I don't hold it against him though. I just hate my teeth.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Glass shard through the palm.
Or a hospital needle in the vein going to deep and going through the vein wall coming out the other side inside the arm.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
I had Lyme's disease for like two months. I could hardly move any joints without pain.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Two days ago. I had the most painful migraine I've had in ten years, mixed with vomiting, muscle spasms, and other horrible stuff. I vomited at home, on the way to the hospital. . . It was not pretty. I'm proud to say that I cried that day.

They gave me shots of Imetrex and Finergin, which I reacted to badly. Not only did I have the migraine and vomiting but my scalp felt like it was on fire and all of my muscles locked up (the nurse, thankfully, massaged my joints and they loosened) after about 15 minutes the migraine went away, they gave me Imetrex in pill form, as well as anti-nausea medicine.

I love that nurse. I hugged her.

I'm serious, it was the most awful experience of my life. I was scared I was going to die.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I thought of something, but it concerned my friend, not me. She was mauled by a fighting pit bull when she was 10. Required stitches on top of her head and from her right eye onward. She's lucky she didn't lose her eye. The scar on her face is still very noticeable, but the other one is covered by hair.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Migraine.
I've broken bones, been hit by a car, almost been gutted by being washed over by a wave while on a beach and falling on a rock, etc.
None of those compares to a bad migraine.

People who don't have migraine just do not understand how terrible it can be.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
When I broke my leg I had muscle spasms. So my two bit of broken bone were randomly grinding together. Worst. Pain. EVER.

Nuada_Redd

Jan 11, 2011
CronosYamato said:
Easy answer. When my lungs Collapsed while i was working. It felt as if my heart was being stabbed by one of my ribs, and also that someone had stuck a hose in my lungs and was constantly sucking the air out of them.
My father had that, years ago :/ No fun.

Personally, I have a nut alergy. Not the very very bad sort, I dont go into shock as such, but a few years back I ate a plate of pasta covered with pesto sauce haveing been told that it didnt contain nuts. I later found out that it was largely made up of pestacio (i think) nuts, the taste of which had been covered by the general pesto-ey-ness. Thew up almost continually, and couldnt move an inch for about 4 days. Imagine sharp pieces of metal being put into your stomach, then the whole thing being loveingly squeezed. -_-

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Getting my braces taken off. Sounds kinda tame compared to the stuff already here, but that hurt worse than fracturing my knee, and that was pretty damn painful.