The most re-watchable TV series?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
A:TLA and Korra I find everything about them so perfect. I think rewatching Castle is really great apart from when it gets soppy.

I find comedies like Frasier good too and Red Dwarf. Can't tell you how many time I've seen season 3.

Oh and The Venture Brothers, new halloween ep soon guys! :3

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Friends, Come on, it's not that bad ! (Some friends I know find it stupid, but I really like it)
How I met your mother.
Sherlock.

Those are the first ones that come to mind, haven't had my cup of coffee yet ><

Doogan

Apr 2, 2012
Babylon 5 because well it's Babylon 5!
Firefly
Samurai Jack!
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe........I hate you SyFy!!!!!!!!
Sharpe....The one show where Sean Bean DOES NOT DIE!!!!!!
The Original Thundercats!

oh and of course

All the STAR TREKS!

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
You've asked a question about TV shows. On the Escapist forums.
How has nobody brought up MLP:FiM?
I'd prefer not to be that person, but considering how I'm not much of a TV person and...

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
NCIS is my prime example of ultimate re-watchability*.
No matter how many times I watch it (which is alot, I have all the DVDs so far.) It's always fresh.
I'll also throw Arrested Development and Heroes into my URW* pile.
Most of the ones I re-watch are anime though.

Capt Morgan

Sep 10, 2012
Shandy - thanks for asking the question. Posts in this thread have reminded me of shows I enjoyed the first time and need to watch again - Dead Like Me, Arrested Development, The Wire...

After watching the first season of HBO's The Newsroom, I was reminded of how much I enjoy Aaron Sorkin's work (A Few Good Men, Social Network, The West Wing). So I have begun to watch the 7 seasons of The West Wing again. What I have discovered is that many of the issues addressed in this series are still very relevant to the current political landscape.

For example in season 1, episode 12 titled "He Shall From Time to Time", the script reads thus:

TOBY
The era of big government is over.

BARTLET
You want to cut the line?

TOBY
I want to change the sentiment. We're running away from ourselves, and I
know we can score
points that way. I was the principle architect in that campaign strategy,
right along with
you, Josh. But we're here now. Tomorrow night, we do an immense thing. We
have to say what
we feel. That government, no matter what its failures are in the past,
and in times to come,
for that matter, THE GOVERNMENT CAN BE A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER AND WHERE NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND. No one... gets left behind, an instrument of... good.
[pause] I have no trouble understanding why the line tested well, Josh,
but I don't think
that means we should say it. I think that means we should... change it.

BARTLET
I think so, too. [beat] What do you think, Josh?

JOSH
I'd make it a point never to disagree with Toby when he's right,
Mr. President.
----------------
If you didn't see it, go to CSAPN and watch President Obama's DNC acceptance speech last week (9/7/12) and then watch the first season of West Wing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I got to be Friends and Fraiser. I lost counts the amount of times I rewatch the rerun aired in the morning!

Dec 3, 2011
The West Wing is awesome, and is good to re-watch so as to draw comparisons to real life politicians from. I think Game of Thrones is pretty re-watchable due to the sheer insanity that goes on in that show.

But yeah Arrested Development is the best. Some of the greatest shows ever (The Wire, The Sopranos) spend a lot of time building up storylines, so it's tempting to fast-forward and stuff.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
Star Trek Next Generation and Voyager are two series I can watch again and again. I love the plots, characters, and how they try to solve the problems without resorting to violence all the time. To think, I only watched this show a few years ago. Though I have been interested in watching it when I was younger, my family always made jokes about people who watched it.

In addition, I will have to say Xena though the last season is rather depressing save for seeing Ares, the God of War, being a farmer.

In addition, Seinfeld was and still is a show I love.

short list
Star Trek Next Gen
Star Trek Voyager
Xena
Seinfeld

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
I re-watch episodes of Community and Adventure Time more than could possibly be healthy. Oh, and I LOVE The Boondocks.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Cracker... I may have been born after some of the episodes came out, but this is the epitome of a crime thriller, it makes midsomer murders etc. Look ridiculously tame.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Get Smart

Specifically seasons 1-3.

I could watch those over and over again and never tire of them.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Probably Futurama, American Dad, Simpsons, South Park and other short animated shows. I have a big problem re-watching something too soon after I first see it, but shows like that seem to be rewatchable by virtue of format rather than just quality.

This is a problem with DVDs as I buy my favourite shows, but I can't watch them a second time until sometimes nearly a year later and still enjoy them. On the other hand DVD commentaries are great as I can learn more about the show, and get more entertainment value. I hear "Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog" has the best DVD commentary ever as it is an entirely new musical with songs about making the show. I really want that DVD.

Codenet

Jan 4, 2009
I'd say;

Firefly
Community
South Park
Simpsons/Futurama
Game of Thrones
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Horrible Histories
Adventure Time
Misfits
and Mythbusters

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Dinosaurs

I have the entire series on VHS still. My 10 month old daughter also likes it. Its such a good series and I honestly still like watching it

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
It pretty much means all my favorite tv shows. Though I don't like rewatching comedies, because I already know what will be funny so I no longer laugh.

Buffy/Angel
Star Trek (All series)
Burn Notice

Aug 25, 2009
Loads of stuff for me. I have a tendency to rewatch things I like dozens of times.

I'm watching teen Titans for about the ninth time right now, and I just finished watching HIMYM (again) I have Castle on constant standby and Chuck in case I get bored of Castle.

Generally I try and rotate what I'm watching. I may feel like watching Castle three times in a row at the moment, but when I finished I get put off for ages.