"The Most Realistic Gaming Gun Ever" Due Christmas 2013

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Looks terrible. One, I think a standard controller would probably be easier to use. Two, your arms are bound to get tired over an hour+ play session, and three better hope you don't get "SWAT'ed" while playing a game with that thing.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Can't wait for their other "hyper=realistic" game add-ons such as the exploding entrails catapult with the authentic stench of open bowels, the blood fountain squirter that sprays you with the very realistic fake blood of your enemies, and the shriek box, that serenades you with the manic screams of the dying. PTSD therapy not included. So sick of these cheap gimmicks designed by and for people who've never seen a real battlefield.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
It makes me wonder how that vest thing is cleaned when it is caked with sweat on the inside.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
How long before some idiot decides to chop off the orange tip and try to rob a bank with one of these things? Bad idea, bad product, stupid advert, and reaffirming a stereotype most gamers would like to get away from.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
wombat_of_war said:
i litterally had to go looking because i couldnt work out for the life of me how you moved in game with it.

ive got no interest in it and frankly i doubt it would make it through australian customs actually
Did you... figure it out? Because i don't see any buttons or anything on it.

Anyways, I'm interested in controllers like this because I want to eventually get an oculus rift and I think it would be weird to control a game with a keyboard and mouse or a controller when you're seeing it in a literal first person perspective, but this one in particular looks pretty meh.

digital_critic

Mar 18, 2013
The trailer made it look even douchier than painting a nerf gun black, replacing the dart tips with thumb tacks and shooting at people going by with it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Yea, I really want to tire up a sweat and stand when I play my first person shooters.

"REALISM GUYS!" Yeah..no thanks, I'd rather sit in my chair.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
snekadid said:
Wait..... did he put on a suppressor to snipe a guy in the middle of an active war-zone?
That's what bugged me the most about this advert. Once he put on the suppressor I figured it was seguing into another game, perhaps Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid. Nope, right back into the open field, already filled with the sounds of gunfire and exploding grenades.

I mean the rest of it was pretty meh as well, but that just bugged the hell out of me.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Psychobabble said:
Can't wait for their other "hyper=realistic" game add-ons such as the exploding entrails catapult with the authentic stench of open bowels, the blood fountain squirter that sprays you with the very realistic fake blood of your enemies, and the shriek box, that serenades you with the manic screams of the dying. PTSD therapy not included. So sick of these cheap gimmicks designed by and for people who've never seen a real battlefield.
Indeed the glorification of violence is wonderful. It does not make me sick at all, for games to be sold as realistic as possible. Not at all.

I'm not the target audience, I know that. However this just seems like a bad, stupid idea.

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
We won't have true realism until we have an accessory that squirts blood and brains on you when you make a point-blank head shot. (And makes you lose control of your bowels when somebody kills you).

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
Psychobabble said:
Indeed the glorification of violence is wonderful. It does not make me sick at all, for games to be sold as realistic as possible. Not at all.

I'm not the target audience, I know that. However this just seems like a bad, stupid idea.
Oh but I'm sure it's a boon for the military. I see this bringing a new crop of cannon fodder from kids who were brought up thinking war is just a fun game adults play.

spwatkins said:
We won't have true realism until we have an accessory that squirts blood and brains on you when you make a point-blank head shot. (And makes you lose control of your bowels when somebody kills you).
Yeah. What I say they do is wire that vest thingy with the labor pains simulator that was in the news a few months back. "Want to see how painful a bullet to the abdomen is every time you get "shot" by the enemy? Now you'll know. Enjoy the heart stopping agony, asshole." Gee, aren't "totally realistic" war games fun.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Aside from all the other points where realism gets beaten with a baseball bat, that's not supposed to be the *realistic* way to pull a trigger on a real-life firearm AFAIK.

So they're lying, their gun looks like a toy and the trailer is a pile of crap. The way I see it, nobody's gonna accuse this of school shootings because someone would have to buy it first.