The most ridiculous character name in a game EVER!!!!

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I know it's already been said but Edge Maverick, why not just name him Vertex McHeropants it would be more subtle.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
shadyh8er said:
The Austin said:
lolmynamewastaken said:
soild snake. just sounds ... wrong.
Ah men.

I never understood why more people didn't make fun of that.
It's like Yahtzee said, when a joke is around long enough, people tend to ignore it.

OT: Otacon. Sounds like a name for a computer, not a human being.
To be fair, his name was Hal Emmerich. I guess he figured that if Snake got a cool name, he could too, but the only thing he could come up with was an anime convention. =p

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Mistermixmaster said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Isaac Clarke - Yeah I get it, very clever.
I don't get it... Do explain please! D:

Well, I can't say I've noticed a lot of strange names in games, except for the Final Fantasy series...

But for MMO's I've once seen a guy in WoW with his character named "Internet". He ran around with the "The Explorer" title, making his name and title together a rather funny joke (at least I thought so) :p
It's a mixture of:

Isaac Asimov - Most famous for the "Foundation" series and also wrote a book known as I, Robot, a collection of stories about robots in which was the first documented use of the "3 rules of robotics" This was the inspiration for the recent film starring Will Smith.

and

Arthur. C. Clarke - He was also a famous Sci Fi novelist and wrote the novel, 2001: A Space Odyssey which was adapted into the film of the same name by Stanley Kubrick.

I read somewhere that this was intentional on the game developer's part. Both these men were very influential people in the field of science fiction.

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
Nooj from FFX-2. Because his name is NOOJ.

He also takes the biscuit for stupidest Final Fantasy hair:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Nooj.jpg

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
plastic_window said:
Chris Martin - Coldplay's lead singer - named one of his children 'Apple'. I'm dead serious.
Katie Price (A.K.A Jordan, a UK glamour babe with so much plastic surgery it's beginning to look ridiculous.) named one of her children Princess Tiaamii: That's the entire first name. What the FUCK is that all about?!

OT: I always thought Edge Maverick was pretty stupid. You can't force being badass. Especially when the character is such a pussy.

*EDIT* Edge Maverick is Justin Beiber in space.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Mistermixmaster said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Isaac Clarke - Yeah I get it, very clever.
I don't get it... Do explain please! D:

Well, I can't say I've noticed a lot of strange names in games, except for the Final Fantasy series...

But for MMO's I've once seen a guy in WoW with his character named "Internet". He ran around with the "The Explorer" title, making his name and title together a rather funny joke (at least I thought so) :p
It's a mixture of:

Isaac Asimov - Most famous for the "Foundation" series and also wrote a book known as I, Robot, a collection of stories about robots in which was the first documented use of the "3 rules of robotics" This was the inspiration for the recent film starring Will Smith.

and

Arthur. C. Clarke - He was also a famous Sci Fi novelist and wrote the novel, 2001: A Space Odyssey which was adapted into the film of the same name by Stanley Kubrick.

I read somewhere that this was intentional on the game developer's part. Both these men were very influential people in the field of science fiction.
I did not know that. That is very clever!

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Most ridiculous name I've heard in a game yet: William P. "Fatty" McGutterpants from Risk Factions.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
"Now what kind of name is Soap?"

Also, The Master from Fallout. Even if the charecter himseft is awesome, it's just a stupid name in my opinion.

And Nine Toes

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
In the first Dynasty Warriors games they pronounced Cao Cao's name as "cow cow"(instead of tsao tsao)

For some reason it always reminded me of a super villain name(like Mojo Jo Jo)

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I believe that Pussy Galore showed up in a James Bond licensed game a while back. So does that win?

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
In Wind Slayer there's an NPC who's an old man in the first village whose name is Gangdalf

Daestar

Jul 11, 2010
I realize that all the bosses in this game are supposed to be related to them, so the boss's only attack was to fart at you and wave like it's playing Pass the Gas.

After reading the achievement I earned (Since that is the only way to learn the boss's name) I learned that the name of Mister Smell Fanner is not Mister Smell Fanner as I had dubbed him, but is instead Boss Windy Pants....

Feb 19, 2010
PartyMonkey said:
NAHTZEE said:
you see this in EVERY online FPS game

PUR3L33T5K1LLZ

xX HaHAiPwnYoU Xx

HAHAYUSUK
I have found bellysgonnagetya which was fun, I pwned his ass!
i remmber xX TwIlIgHt RuLeS Xx on battlefield 2

i kicked her ass. goddamn i hate public teamspeak servers.

me: right we have a twilight fanny in a tank! kill it!

it: stfu im gonna kick yourass

*i blow up the tank*

*twilight fan leaves *

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Cloud.

Honestly, wtf!?

Also: Ness. I don't care if you can shoot fire from your hands, you have a name that sounds like a species of lizard.

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Guybrush Threepwood of course.

Other than that, any name with an apostrophe and more than one capital letter.