The most scared you've ever been?

saxxon.de

Apr 18, 2011
A drunk neighbour bashed my windows in with a steel pipe and threatened to kill me. That was pretty frightening. Luckily the police showed up very quickly.

Oh, and the last time i was really scared was when I started working in a hospital. I was only a couple weeks into the job at the time and one of my patients collapsed right in front of me and hit her head pretty hard. She passed out and made snoring noises. I was the only one around at this moment and although I knew what to do under this conditions I was pretty shocked, because of course I dind't see that coming. Luckily she recovered quickly over the course of a couple minutes.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Number one was probably getting lost out in the woods alone and having no idea which way wasn't just deeper into the wilderness... while night was falling...

Number two is having a out-of-control semi careen through a parking lot, narrowly miss me, and then smash into a building. Seems its brakes failed on a curving downhill bit of road. It sounds like it should be number one, but it happened so fast it didn't have a chance to get to me.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
TL;DR I almost got mauled by a dog when I was young

I had a run-in with a terrifying dog when I was in elementary school. Now, I live in a cul-de-sac (look it up if you have to), and the people in the house across from mine had a dog named Sid. So his name is already setting himself for evilness. He wasn't too friendly with strangers, and his owners would tie him to the basketball pole they had in their drive way just to give him some outside time. But one day, as they opened their garage door to get to one of their cars outside, Sid came bolting out and spotted me picking up pinecones in the front yard (one of my chores, ugh). Needless to say, I booked it up my steep driveway around my house to my porch since my garage was closed. He was inches from biting me in the calf.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
The time I went down to my basement recording area to do some guitar practice, turned on my amp, and a few seconds later heard distorted, creepy voices coming out of the amp...this was right after seeing an ad for the (really bad) "White Noise" movie...

...anyway I eventually figured out that somehow my Crybaby wah pedal was picking up a talk radio station signal, but for a while I was basically saying "AAAAAAHHHHH!!! MY AMP IS POSSESSED!!!"

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Having to go under for surgery... just after watching a news report about a local boy dying during a routine dental surgery.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
IamQ said:
Did it pay off though?
I'm not too sure yet. She didn't dare to give a direct response when I told her, but she didn't freak out either and smiled very sweetly. During the past few weeks she continued to smile at me, sitting next to me and class, happily having long texting conversations with me and generally didn't ignore me or my flirty compliments. So you could say that I'm slightly hopeful, though I'm not assuming anything.

She also liked the idea of a second date, which, if everything will go according to plan, will happen this weekend. Trying to breach the subject of what I confessed to her and if she thought about it will probably be the second scariest event in my young life.
redisforever said:
I'm doing that tomorrow. I've waited far too long, and I told myself, it's tomorrow, or never. I fear that more than anything else. I've seen horror movies that kept me up for 2 weeks. No, this is far scarier.
Best of luck my friend, may the grace of Aphrodite smile kindly upon you tomorrow.

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Scariest moment for me was when I was on camp with the ACF (Army Cadet Force) and we were climbing, and coming close to the top of the wall my harness started making these weird sounds and the rope was moving in a way it shouldn't have been at all. I genuinely thought that was it for me.
Obviously I survived.

Second most scary was when my cat was in my wardrobe and didn't know, and I woke up in the middle of the night to it's yowls and scratches at the door. It sounded more like a baby demon than a cat.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
I told my boyfriend about my gender identity "issues" the other day. He was fine with it, but I was pretty damn scared.

bernardblack

Apr 24, 2012
My sophomore year when I careened off the road into a muddy cornfield. If it hadn't been muddy, my car would have flipped multiple times. And if I had gone the other way, it would have been into oncoming traffic.

Fortunately a guy in a truck came and was able to tow me out. I came home caked in mud and my dad and I had to wash it for 30 minutes to get all the mud off of it.

Always pay attention when you're driving.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
redisforever said:
I'm doing that tomorrow. I've waited far too long, and I told myself, it's tomorrow, or never. I fear that more than anything else. I've seen horror movies that kept me up for 2 weeks. No, this is far scarier.
Best of luck my friend, may the grace of Aphrodite smile kindly upon you tomorrow.
Thank you. However, plans have changed, and she was too busy to do anything today. I think it's better to say it in person than over the phone, but I will be seeing her tomorrow anyways. So, to take my mind off her for the day, to stay sane, Avengers!