The Most Sexist Thing That's Happened To You

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
ouch111 said:
Dense_Electric said:
ouch111 said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
Well I'm a guy, so I subsequently haven't encountered any discrimination towards me based upon my gender. *prepares umbrella for incoming shitstorm*
What shitstorm? It's sadly true that males will rarely be discriminated upon gender compared to females in this day and age still.
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Where the hell have you been for at least the past twenty years? Men are discriminated against at least as much as women are in the western world today, if not more. It's also far more likely that discrimination against men isn't even recognized as sexism at all, because people keep coming up with totally bullshit justifications for why it's acceptable to discriminate against him and not her.
Let me Google that for you.
I would be careful when linking to google searches of known mythological gender issues there, lest you get misguided. There are other underlying factors at work in pay for the separate genders, the most important to understand of them all being the fact that most women still choose to take less taxing positions with companies due to periods such as maternity leave and child care at the family home, which takes their time away from a more taxing position they could hold that not coincidentally males hold in the majority - due to less males being at-home fathers and obviously not having to deal with maternity leaves. Now, that is not to say that there aren't positions in real life that currently are affected by true sexism against females, but most of that tends to be due to the actions and mindset of male bosses that employ these women whom are notably sexist, and such a situation is not such a pandemic as some would lead you to believe.

Just thought I'd point that out, for future consideration.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
chinangel said:
hrnnnn...i don't know if you'd count this but I keep getting men sending me images of their penises on LIVE...for some reason. Maybe because they thik I wonm't report them or something o_O
I cant recommend avoiding UNO on Xbox Live enough, then. Seriously.

Feb 7, 2009
LuckyClover95 said:
Vrud said:
Sadly, I see a lot of sexist shit on this very forum.
Really? Wherabouts?

I happen to pick up sexism more than others for some reason, I don't know why but it pisses me off so I'm really sensitive to spotting the most subtle of sexist things. So I sorta see it all the time :/ Personally, I don't really experience it, friends make jokes that gamer girls don't exist but they're only kidding. I really can't think of anything right now. I get really bothered because everywhere I go I see these gender roles and stereotypes. Comedians are always making jokes about women. It pisses me ooooffff.
Really, and comedians don't make just as many, "You know what men are thinking about? Sex." jokes?