The Narcissism Test

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
I never put much stock in these things, really, but sometimes they can be interesting.

Total: 7

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 1.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 0.00

That's pretty accurate, actually. But why is self-sufficiency a narcissistic trait? How is that a bad thing?

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Your Total: 22

Authority: 6.00
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 2.00
Entitlement: 1.00

I found that a lot of the questions were not accurate because it is assuming things in a overly simplistic way.
For example, if you dont want to take responsibility you are not narcissistic?
I want to be noticed, take charge and be the leader. but if s@@t hits the fan I dont want to take responsibility for it.

Also, I am not in love with my body. not because I am shy but because I know I can do better etc...

It makes me sound like a horrible person. I know. lol

fadingdragon

Jun 21, 2013
I scored a 7. I guess it fits me but not 100% ithe questions were stupid
Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 2.00
Entitlement: 0.00

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I scored a 6

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:
Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 1.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 0.00
- See more at: http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/narcissisticquiz.cgi#sthash.b15NajsT.dpuf

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
But why is self-sufficiency a narcissistic trait? I mean, yes, you rely on yourself, but why is that bad?
Yeah, some of them are weird, however I kind of assumed it's meant to be in a bad way? Like you think that you alone can do things, and do it right.

Idk. I guess there is a much more deeper meaning that but they overly simplified it for the sake of this quiz.

Quite a few questions were overly simplified and could've used a few more questions in that category.

Edguy

Jan 31, 2011
I scored 16. Pretty sure I'm a narcissist, although just in some ways.

abominableangel said:
But why is self-sufficiency a narcissistic trait? I mean, yes, you rely on yourself, but why is that bad?
I wouldn't say narcissism is an unanimously bad trait.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I got 8, with the following:

Authority: 2.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 1.00

When they explained what each trait stood for, it makes some sense to me. I am definitely not the kind of person that takes advantage of other people for my own progress, but I figured being self-sufficient would be higher. I guess when they ask the same damn question roughly 5 times, you just brush them off and go "whatever" rather than answering them honestly.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
That Guy Ya Know said:
I scored 5.

The questions seem pretty dumb though as not all of them are opposites. There were quite a few where either both were true or both were false for me so I just had to pick at random.
I agree. I couldn't finish this one. So many shallow and predictable questions I finally just stopped, knowing I wouldn't get an answer that meant anything from this test. It was so obvious which answers were pro/anti-narcissistic that any huge narcissist who wanted to believe he was humble could game the test into giving him the answer he wanted.