The new adverts are driving me ffffffing insane!

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Seriously, they couldn't have made them just a tad more annoying, huh?! Every time I open a new tab in the Esc. and start watching a video or something, I get this back-vocal of someone talking about boots, or skoda or some arbitrary bull*^$@... It's driving me nuts. Even as I'm writing this post, I have to scroll down to shut the stupid thing up. Please Escapist, get rid of these bloody things. Or, alternatively, do like other sites and make them mute to begin with. Anyone who's mentally-ill enough to actually want to hear this dross can unmute them, themselves. Did I mention how annoying it is?! THIS MUCH!!!!!!!:

Now that I've scarred you forever, tell me your thoughts on the subject. If you can still write that is.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Sounds like a job for
Captain PubClub!!

Saving the day with zero ads, a bigger avatar and custom titles!

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Hmmm... *logs out*

Nope I don't know what you are talking about. Though I do remember one set of ads a while ago that they have played automatically. I sent a message saying, in relatively polite language, that I thought they were annoying and a bit too intrusive. Then a short time later, they were being automatically muted. Maybe I have magic forum powers? I dunno, but that happened.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TheBobmus said:
Sounds like a job for
Captain PubClub!!

Saving the day with zero ads, a bigger avatar and custom titles!
Mine didn't auto-renew because I got a new debit card and forgot to change the expiration sate. Too lazy to go sign up now. :D