The New Dark Souls Trailer Has Jolly Music And Giant Wolves

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
A: Words cannot express the level of DO WANT!!!!!

B: I hope they do a better job of supporting it with expansions/extensions/DLC than what Demon's souls got.

inglioti

Oct 10, 2009
AgentBJ09 said:
Unless Dark Souls steps away from excessive grinding to allow your character a shot at holding their own in the later levels, no thank you.

It's one thing to be hard; it's quite another to force players to keep replaying those teeth grinding bits to beat the game.
I suppose you weren't very good. Seriously, every enemy and boss has a strateg. You don't need blunt force for anything.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Every time they release a new trailer for this game it breaks the record for much I thought it was possible for me to want a game. How the hell do they keep doing that? October 4th cannot get here quick enough.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
cursedseishi said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Yay, not only can I get murdered by regular dangers the game provides, but also by giant animals as well!

Huzzah!
Giant animals WITH weapons!

Also, I saw my friend, the Vagina Dracenta!(otherwise known as bony toothed vagina dragon)
I don't know how much of a friend that beast will be, I mean, it has teeth and will....um.....bite...?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Aw, man. I so want it to come to PC...
Looks fun and quite cool. And difficult as hell.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Great song, but the aesthetic doesn't suit the game. Sorry, Namco, but I thought your debut and E3 trailers were better.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I love the ideas at work here.

'How do we make a giant wolf more terrifying?'
'Give it a giant fucking sword?'
'Perfect.'

This game is gonna be awesome.
Hey if it worked for Ammy right. ^^ (Ammy a.k.a. Amaterasu)

I wonder how many total bosses there will bein the new one the last one had 19 (1's a repeat)

Dec 14, 2009
Lucane said:
Daystar Clarion said:

'Perfect.'

I wonder how many total bosses there will bein the new one the last one had 19 (1's a repeat)
Nah man, Ammy is so harcdore that she has to have three sets of weapons.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Woodsey said:
Ugly game, poorly made trailer, good song.

I haven't played it and I don't know much about either game, but why is this a spiritual successor? Its the same developer, with the same gameplay (it looks like), and it certainly looks like the same world.
Final Fantasy rules, similar trends and play style but not direct sequels (mostly anyways some are in FF's earlier numbered games.)

If Dark Souls makes no mention of the former game then it's not a sequel, it would have to at least be set on the same planet to even be considered a side story If they don't make any references to Demon's Souls in any form it's not really a continuation of the old game but a reinventing of it or different enough to merit the disconnection.

From Software made Chrome Hounds and Armored Core but you wouldn't call one a sequel to the other because they both have large sized mechs fighting each other and allow for a million possible designs.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Lucane said:
Daystar Clarion said:

'Perfect.'

Four if you count the Celestial Brush but I meant Ammy wielded a sword in the same fashion (when not floating over her shoulder and back)way back when so if she could pull it off other wolves could do it too though I think it'll be a while before any other four legged wolves will pull off Rosaries or Shields though.

Dec 14, 2009
Lucane said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Lucane said:
Daystar Clarion said:

'Perfect.'

Four if you count the Celestial Brush but I meant Ammy wielded a sword in the same fashion (when not floating over her shoulder and back)way back when so if she could pull it off other wolves could do it too though I think it'll be a while before any other four legged wolves will pull off Rosaries or Shields though.
All these sword wielding Dark Souls demon wolves are just posers.

Nobody does it Ammy style.