the new space marine trailer

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
OptimusHagrid said:
Urgh. Why do we have to kill Orcs? Why can't we kill Tau? Or either Eldar? They suck. Because of that, I dunno if I'll get this game or not. I don't care if I miss out or not.
I always disliked the orks in the games because there's not much you can do as for ulterior motives and the like for them. They're too simple.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
kwdav said:
HOLY FUXING SHIT SON, sorry but its so awesome look at the leaked footage of the game then watch this trailer it is most likely the absolute best 40k game of all time.

looks like this was relics main project not dow 2

here is the link for said trailer:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14352257/warhammer-40000-space-marine/videos/spacemarine_trl_battle_52709.html;jsessionid=21splcs9mivi8
Yes, I have to agree, it looks fantastic hopefuly you'll be able to play ocks aswell.

Edit: OMG looks like its coming out on the PS3 aswell.

kbc18

May 28, 2009
im just glad they seemed to have stepped away from the "broed" down type gears of war game

DM master

Feb 21, 2009
Why dose everyone hate the ultramarines so much??

I think it looks very cool and ill keep an eye on this :)

But i did think that DoW2 looked amazing in the trailers and then didnt enjoy it so hey..

dontworryaboutit

May 18, 2009
There's nothing wrong with Ultramarines. I think they just get hated on for being the default Space Marine mascot. Marneus Calgar and the Tyranid Wars are pretty awesome in my books.

The game looks good, but then everything looks good as a cinematic and I have sort of lost faith in the Warhammer 40k franchise as far as video games go. As for the GOW thing, this game is mostly melee so...think what you will.

Not to incur wrath, but frankly I grow weary of Space Marines.

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
RedMenace said:
kwdav said:
i suppose your right i am feeding the troll hes back with another dull and evidenceless comment. also i seriously hope the controls dont go the way of too human a good game ruined by terrible controls.
Yes, let us pray to the God Emperor and all the Primarchs so they'll prevent such an abomination ;P
lol but judging by the way the space marines are being handled id say it your standard third person shooter outing with a,b,x,y as your action and melee buttons as the shoulder area is all shooter.

also on an off topic not WTF were silicone knights thinking with the stick control sure once you got the hang of it it was fun and such but that usually took about an hour or two by which point youre a half way into the game.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
iain62a said:
This game looks fucking awesome.

I wish the chapter wasn't The Ultrasmurfs though, it would be cooler if it was someone like the Black Templars or the Iron Hands.
You knicked what i was gonna say ;-;. I would love it if it was the Space Wolves though. I cant stand the smurfs

And This looks so good i want to lick it all over

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
caz105 said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
kwdav said:
caz105 said:
caz105 said:
Looks like a God of War clone but with Warhammer:40,000.
please leave the thread and take your fail with you to the failboat. looking at the trailer it has no affiliation with god of war guns power armour actual hordes not 5 monsters you have to wack repeatedly. god of war clone my god thats like calling dynasty warriors a god of war clone.
Yeah because a few aesthetic details completely change the game don't they?
/sarcasm
yes because a gun is just an aesthetic change and as long as a game has a melee weapon and a alot of onscreen enemies its a god of war clone.
OK I revise my statement. Its a GOW clone with a gun. Which doesn't really change it at all.
its not a clone jesus H non existent christ why does every game that is in a genre have to be a clone? you realise this whole smashy slashy combo madness was first invented by games like dynasty warriors and devil may cry. youre probs the type of person who calls sandbox games gta clones
Nope it just looks like a GOW clone. It doesn't look like Dynasty Warriors and especially DMC with the demon option. Why can't you just accept it is what it is, a GOW clone?[/quote]

5 words for saying GOW clone

MAY TEH EMPRAH SMITE YOU! This game better be in PC.

Dagodweezl

May 27, 2009
Well I've been checking it out and Its an over the shoulder FPS but the primary game play is melee. Plus the break it up after every kill with a actionmatic sequence which seems like it will slow down the game a lot.
I was hoping for maybe a squad based game like DFBHD, you play the leader and order your squad around you. Think it would have a more DOW feel but thats just me.

the game play almost kind of reminds me of DMC

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
My god this looks good, was hoping and just waiting for them to do somethin like this. Hope they dont mess it up!

LackofCertainty

Apr 14, 2009
Caz105 and kwdav make me smile

"It's a God of War Clone!"
"Is not!"
"Is so!"
"Is not!"
"Is so, so, so!"
"Is not, not, not!"
"Is so times 1,000!"
"Is not times 1,000,000!"
etc.

Looks to me like a hack and slash that will (probably) have co-op given that they have 4 defined characters available. Then again maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
i just came

lol

they made it ultramines cuz they are the most codex chapter, the most 'true' space marines, thats why theyre the 'eavy metal scheme as well

so stop bitching, youll probably get other chapters in multiplayer, maybe even chaos XD

i still want an IG game, though itd probably be like playing CoD against an army of Big Daddies...

i want this game though.. NAO!

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
Dagodweezl said:
Well I've been checking it out and Its an over the shoulder FPS but the primary game play is melee. Plus the break it up after every kill with a actionmatic sequence which seems like it will slow down the game a lot.
I was hoping for maybe a squad based game like DFBHD, you play the leader and order your squad around you. Think it would have a more DOW feel but thats just me.

the game play almost kind of reminds me of DMC
youve probs only seen the september vid which in the new trailer it looks like those cinemaction moments are rare.