The New X-Files Learning Curve

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
...Is that seriously what they did? I never had much of a love for the X-Files but if they seriously said everything from the past series were BS, that takes BALLS.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Diablo1099 said:
...Is that seriously what they did? I never had much of a love for the X-Files but if they seriously said everything from the past series were BS, that takes BALLS.
Wellll... kinda. It wasn't that it was BS, it's that
it wasn't that the Government was covering up Aliens, but the the Government was actually using Aliens for their own agenda

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
Makabriel said:
Diablo1099 said:
Wellll... kinda. It wasn't that it was BS, it's that
it wasn't that the Government was covering up Aliens, but the the Government was actually using Aliens for their own agenda
...Wouldn't that mean they were covering up the aliens then?

I mean, I understand what you are saying but if they were using Alien Tech or something for some secret plot, then they would have to cover up the aliens anyway, right?[/quote]

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Diablo1099 said:
...Wouldn't that mean they were covering up the aliens then?

I mean, I understand what you are saying but if they were using Alien Tech or something for some secret plot, then they would have to cover up the aliens anyway, right?
More spoiler!!

Basically, it's not the Aliens that were abducting and genetically manipulating, etc. It was the Government using Alien tech. Mulder always thought it was that Aliens. The Gov wasn't simply hiding the fact that they exist, but also that they are using the Aliens for their own agenda.

There, you don't have to watch!

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
Makabriel said:
More spoiler!!

Basically, it's not the Aliens that were abducting and genetically manipulating, etc. It was the Government using Alien tech. Mulder always thought it was that Aliens. The Gov wasn't simply hiding the fact that they exist, but also that they are using the Aliens for their own agenda.

There, you don't have to watch!
Ahhhh, I see now, Cheers :D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I just had to read Mulder and Scully's dialogue in their typical, flat, emotionless delivery, despite how exciting it was supposed to sound.
I didn't see the first two episodes of the revived series, but from what I heard abut it (like the comments section of this week's Critical Miss), the blonde haired guy with the glasses nailed it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
And rather continue with a strong narrative it will be a monster of the week format, with an occasional story episode to keep people invested.