The Next Band-Specific Game

Ansem-The-Wise

Oct 19, 2008
We've all seen what the makers of Guitar Hero (who's names I can't remember at the time) did with Aerosmith, giving them their own game, and a fun one at that, and we're aware of what they're planning with Metallica, taking it to the full-band setting this time. My question is this: What bands do you think would make a good band-specific game?

Whobajube

Mar 25, 2008
I would say a cool metal band, but I guess most people wouldn't go for it. Guitar Hero: All That Remains edition? I'd buy it, and be pretty ecstatic... haha... but I may be one of few.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Led Zeppelin? Probably.

However, my preference would be:

The Clash. Please?

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Just for the sake of the overwhelming spectacle this game would be, I suggest Guitar Hero: Dethklok. It would be the only game in the entire franchise that would carry a Mature rating.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
[Gavo said:
]Led Zeppelin? Probably.

However, my preference would be:

The Clash. Please?
Although the Clash is an awesome band, they cant put them in guitar hero because part of their whole punk vibe was that they didnt really know how to play their instruments.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
Just for the sake of the overwhelming spectacle this game would be, I suggest Guitar Hero: Dethklok. It would be the only game in the entire franchise that would carry a Mature rating.
I'd buy that the second it came out!

Anyways, maybe next they'll go punk like Green Day or Blink-182? Wouldn't be the best, but would probably still make them a fair amount of cash.

Me, I'd like to see a collection of lesser known bands in a single game, like Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree.

Whobajube

Mar 25, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
That... is a pretty friggin sweet idea.

mesh

Mar 24, 2008
I vote Harmonix make the next band specific game. A Rock Band: All That Remains Edition would kick an absurd amount of ass.

Whobajube

Mar 25, 2008
mesh said:
I vote Harmonix make the next band specific game. A Rock Band: All That Remains Edition would kick an absurd amount of ass.
DUDE! YES! I'm not the only one! (See third post)

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Vanguard1219 said:
I'd buy that the second it came out!

Anyways, maybe next they'll go punk like Green Day or Blink-182? Wouldn't be the best, but would probably still make them a fair amount of cash.

Me, I'd like to see a collection of lesser known bands in a single game, like Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree.
Blink 182 and Green Day would be awesome.

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
Whobajube said:
mesh said:
All That Remains would be intense too. Also I'm liking the closeup black mage avatar.

mesh

Mar 24, 2008
Grand_Poohbah said:
Whobajube said:
mesh said:
All That Remains would be intense too. Also I'm liking the closeup black mage avatar.
So long as it's Harmonix making it I'll be happy... actually, I'd be euphoric!

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
I almost feel as though the band-specifics would cause a drop in song variety, but it seems to have worked so far, huh?

Incubus has my vote.