The Next Elder Scrolls

=Frost=

Oct 6, 2011
So Skyrim has come out and it honestly can't get much better in my eyes. I had been predicting a Skyrim game since 2007, so now I'm trying to think where they'll have the next installment to the series.

To me, I think a game purely on the dwarves and how they came to rise and fall would be an amazing game. The set up would be in the year 1E690, just around when the dwarves were close to extinction. It would be set up in the orvince of 1E Hammerfell, or whatever it would be called back then (sorry, not the best with my Elder Scrolls Lore). You could play as all races, and in true elder scrolls fashion, start as a prisoner that fights for the dwarves as a desprate means to re-enforce their troops.

So, what would be your Idea for the next Elder Scrolls installment?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I have a feeling it might be in a non-human land, now that we've had Cyrodiil and Skyrim. Wouldn't mind Elseweyr (which was obviously the province they named last), now that the Khajiit finally look Boss.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I think the dwarves are going to come into the next Elder Scrolls Game - I mean they said Dragons werent coming into Elder Scrolls and that happened. Dwarves could too!!

Alternatively I wouldn't mind Elseweyr as my Khajiit character looks amazing, but stands out like a sore thumb in Skyrim. A land that could actually relate to my Khajiit would be great.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
I can't remember the region name, but the Wood Elves seems to be a cool idea.

Two words.

Migratory. Trees.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I'm with =Frost=. I'd kill to see a game based around the dwarves. Running around their dungeons in Skyrim always gets me so excited, and ancient ruins always get my mind churning. Like "Man, what must it have been like to live in this awesome city".

Magic is great and all, but magic -with- technology would be even cooler.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i think they could expand beyond Tamriel, even though Tamriel has still alot of possible lore to give.

on the other hand, expanding would mean a shitload more of stuff to do... game play wise, and lore expansion wise.

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
Elsweyr seemed like an interesting place when a Khajit merchant described it to me, but I don't think it will ever be the main province in a TES game because of the cringeworthy bad pun in the name.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
thespyisdead said:
i think they could expand beyond Tamriel, even though Tamriel has still alot of possible lore to give.

on the other hand, expanding would mean a shitload more of stuff to do... game play wise, and lore expansion wise.
I really doubt that they'd do that, considering that most of Tamriel is still unused.

=Frost=

Oct 6, 2011
Stammer said:
I'm with =Frost=. I'd kill to see a game based around the dwarves. Running around their dungeons in Skyrim always gets me so excited, and ancient ruins always get my mind churning. Like "Man, what must it have been like to live in this awesome city".

Magic is great and all, but magic -with- technology would be even cooler.
My thoughts exactly. The best part, in my opinion, is the Dwemer ruins, so why not see it expanded and populated. Not to mention it could open up a whole new skill tree, like smithing, but make it to include crafting companions and such from soul gems and metal.

Imagine having the Dwarven Centurion at your back. Game Over.

Steel910520

Aug 7, 2010
What would be extremely awesome and extremely long and difficult to do would be to use the entire continent of Tamriel. Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind and all the others would be there and it could take place a few hundred years after Skyrim so when the player goes to Skyrim he will be able to hear about the Dovahkiin.

But if they were to do that it would only be available in 10 years at the least.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
In my opinion, Skyrim could have been WAY more fleshed out than it is. So I would much rather the next game in the series be more in line with Morrowind, than Skyrim, in terms of content. Nonetheless, I would like to see Black Marsh.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
If it was set back in the time of the Dwarves, then does that mean we would see the snow elves before they were Falmer?

How many times have we been in a dwarven dungeon looting their stuff and killing their spiders and thought "wonder what this was like with merchants and people walking about?".

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
Radeonx said:
thespyisdead said:

I really doubt that they'd do that, considering that most of Tamriel is still unused.
ACTUALLY: the first TES used the whole of Tamriel.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
thespyisdead said:
Radeonx said:
thespyisdead said:

ACTUALLY: the first TES used the whole of Tamriel.
Yeah but the first one wasn't as far on the exploration scale compared to Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, from what I remember.
Exploring any of the countries NOW wouldn't be close to Arena's version of it, so I'd barely count that.

Jun 11, 2008
Not be a **** but maybe the search bar. We had this exact thread 4 weeks ago. I like a good TES thread as much as the next person and I don't care about the memes and the ridiculous spike in them but can we at least not repeat them?

OT: Same as the last thread I think it will be Summerset Isles although I wouldn't mind Elsweyr or the Black Marshes that is just where I think they'll set it.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Elder Scrolls VI Dwemer

That would be really interesting...I dont know why but Blackreach makes me want to find the writer of the Elder Scrolls games...and give him shaking baby syndrome until he tells me what happens...

Lord Merik

May 17, 2011
For those of you talking about the Dwemer sorry but that wont happen. They are more then just dead. They ceased to exist. They meddled with the heart of a God and were ripped from reality.