The Next Elder Scrolls

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
This topic again? It was fine while they were fresh but it's getting to the point where we're repeating the same Skyrim topics.

Anyway, I say Elsweyr. Or Black Rock. Or Post-Argonian takeover Morrowind. Anything that has nothing to do with round-eared humans because they're boring as shit. Oblivion = LOTR lite, Skyrim = Sonata Arctica songs. I appreciate the physical detail in the world, but I hardly give a crap about reading the books in the aforementioned games.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
I feel that the eldar scrolls games have always been about buidling world based on various historiacal periods, morrowind had a very exotic version of the far east to some extent, oblivion was a traditional fantasy world and/or tolkenist medieavel setting and Skyrim was based on viking and norse ideas and settings. Going from the here is a number of places/environments you could go:

a desert/arabian nights setting

a tropical jungle and/or island chain (could include mayan, aztec, tribal ideas)

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
no idea about whats next but id love to see some modders remake the previous games using the toolkit that is comming out

TheCakeisALie87

Jun 7, 2010
I really just want them to fix the character interactions, I mean the text is fairly well written, and the voice acting rocks, but the NPCs should move and talk with more emotion. Also, and I don't know that this isn't in Skyrim, you should have the ability to reset your perks after you beat the game multiple times. If I've already played through the game, I don't necessarily (although I probably will) want to start at level 1 with a new character.

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
I'd like it if the next game in the series kept the same graphical fidelity of Skyrim, but added the rest of the provinces. Set it 100-200 years after the dragon crisis and have the rest of Tamriel go to war with Akavir or another continent of Nirn. That would be so cool to finally get a glimpse of what lies beyond Tamriel.

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
i would like to see elsweyr and blackmarsh in one game, since they're so close together and are quite different geographically

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
personally, i would hate being in the dwarven cities... too claustrophobic. i dont like them. they should stay dungeons. plus, they're all dead. i'd hate to go back in time too, because then i wouldnt be able to hear all about the exploits of Dovahkiin as per usual (you hear about the previous game). not to mention that they mention what happened in the previous game, but to do that with a Dwemer game you'd have to magically add it into Morrowind, not TES: VII. you get three big references to Oblivion, and a couple to Morrowind.

i'd prefer Elsweyr.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
kokirisoldier said:
If it was set back in the time of the Dwarves, then does that mean we would see the snow elves before they were Falmer?

How many times have we been in a dwarven dungeon looting their stuff and killing their spiders and thought "wonder what this was like with merchants and people walking about?".
THIS would be awesome. I have had that same thought since Morrowind. I can't remember any dwemer ruins from Oblivion, though. Were they there? Oh no it was the Aelieds. Yeah, going back in time to see the dwemer civilization in its prime would be amazing.

Valenwood would be awesome, I think lore states that Falinesti stopped walking around, though. Might be wrong but i'm pretty sure I read that. Also, aren't the wood elves cannibals?

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I'd say Elswyr. I'd like a desert-y place. It'd be a nice change of pace. But I wouldn't want another Elder Scrolls game for quite awhile. At least until we've gotten the next Fallout and all of it's expansions.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I've had this idea for a while now, so bear with me.

I've been hoping for something taking place in between the events of Daggerfall and Morrowind. I was thinking something rooted in politics, so I looked for civil wars and the like. I thought about the 5 Years War between Elsweyr and Valenwood where the Khajiit took some land from Valenwood in the end. A few years after the war (probably in 3E 400-something), there would be some residual tensions and the like which occasionally lead to violence. The whole plot would focus on stopping another war from happening, which you can achieve in multiple ways, peaceful or violent, and the choices you make will affect the game world as a whole.

I also thought that the Summerset Isles should get involved or something. Not because I like the Altmer, but because I hate them and I think they would be interesting to add. The pretentious lot of them sticking their noses in the issue as a "neutral party" when (plot twist) they secretly want a war to happen! At least, the high magister or whatever wants it to happen because he tried to contact Sheogorath and now he's lost his marbles. Or maybe his mind. No, probably just his marbles. Have you ever lost your marbles and tried to find all of them? Could make any man go insane.

Also, adding the Summerset Isles would call for some seafaring. I like seafaring.

I think it would be pretty good for memory and framerate, since the provinces are pretty small and there would be easy justification for requiring a load screen to travel between provinces. Also, some of Valenwood's cities are founded in giant trees that migrate during the winter. The cities move.

SomeRandomFaggot

Jun 11, 2011
Vallenwood! come on there's a city there that MOVES and trees! It would look so much better than a wasteland, desert, Marshland, mountain region, islands. Heh heh.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
blank_64 said:
Lord Merik said:
For those of you talking about the Dwemer sorry but that wont happen. They are more then just dead. They ceased to exist. They meddled with the heart of a God and were ripped from reality.

There's one left in Morrowind, he gives you magical flying boots if I remember right.

He makes me think of the guy from Jack 2...

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
The dwarfs suddenly disappeared right?
Why not a setting where they suddenly re-appear, bent on taking back their cities and territories.
Or Valenwood sounds cool too.

Sozac

Jan 19, 2011
My Top 3
1: Summerset Isle
2: Hammerfell
3: Akavir

For a cool project, they should really map out the homes of the different daedric princes because i personally loved the Shivering Isles.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Lord Merik said:
For those of you talking about the Dwemer sorry but that wont happen. They are more then just dead. They ceased to exist. They meddled with the heart of a God and were ripped from reality.
True, but whats to stop a game being made that's set back in time when they did exist still?