The Ninja Warriors: Once Again (PS4, Switch)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A beat'em up and classic game brought back. It's The Ninja Warriors: Once Again. This one I didn't know existed until 2002. I played the game on emulation before, but not on the actual SNES. They're doing the treatment Wild Guns got with Reloaded. Though hopefully, NW should be a lot better than the Wild Guns Remake. I tried to get in to it, but I hated how they set up the difficulty compared to the SNES original.

https://15-allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/ok9WQ4gh

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
God damn it, you had me excited for a moment that Sega had resurrected another obscure IP. :(

Also, is it me, or do they look like samurai-ninja amalgamations rather than just ninjas (not even touching on the fact that two of them appear to be robots)?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hawki said:
God damn it, you had me excited for a moment that Sega had resurrected another obscure IP. :(

Also, is it me, or do they look like samurai-ninja amalgamations rather than just ninjas (not even touching on the fact that two of them appear to be robots)?
Sorry to get your hopes up. By the way, all three of them are robots. Kunoichi is just the most human-looking. Also, I found out on the Japanese website that similar to Wild guns Reloaded, they're adding two new characters to the roster.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Whoa! I was not expecting this. How many people even know of the original game's existence? I can't even remember how I first learned about it over a decade ago.

I'm curios, that's for sure, and the fact that the music's unchanged got my nostalgia going.

Still, if it plays just like the original, then I may just stick to the original.

Sep 24, 2008
... Literally hoping that we were going to get that Dj Khaled game that was going to bring about World Peace.

Never got into the Ninja Warrior series. Don't see any reason for this port. If you want to bring back something, Nintendo, buy Time Crisis and get the Joy cons in action!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ObsidianJones said:
... Literally hoping that we were going to get that Dj Khaled game that was going to bring about World Peace.

Never got into the Ninja Warrior series. Don't see any reason for this port. If you want to bring back something, Nintendo, buy Time Crisis and get the Joy cons in action!
Glad someone got the reference. I'm interested even if it's just a port. The game will have co-op this time and two new characters. I like your idea; too bad Bandai Namco is too stupid or lazy to pick up on the idea.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The more I see this, the better it looks! Go ninja, go ninja, go! GO! GO! GO! I made a funny!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Smithnikov said:
PC release I hope? I really liked both the original NW arcade game and the SNES beat em up.
I would not mind a PC port, but I know the console versions are getting physical releases...online only.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The game comes out the same day as Astral Chain! That is August the 30th. That's two games I get to play on the same day.