The Old Republic Begins "High Population Server" Testing

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
I'm going to say my favorite phrase in the world, only this time with a smile because TOR may fail.

They should have made KOTOR3.

They still can, it's not too late, we still have all those lovely supporting characters, there's got to be a story on how they rebuild the Jedi order after Revan and Exile finish destroying it. I actively ignore the Revan novel in which Bastila and Exile laugh and mock the new Jedi Order, because according to the end of KOTOR2, the new Jedi Order is the exile's own students.

They don't need to bring those Revan or the Exile back to make a KOTOR3.

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
Don't see the point, I played when the server first launched when it was packed to the gills, the only zone with players swarming around was the main space station. other than that it was pretty much a single player MMO. you ran around with your companion spending most of your time in private story line mission.

What is the point of this?

To make the trading hub more crowded?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
llagrok said:
Bioware beta-testing, months after the game has been released.
Pretty sure every MMO has some form of Public test server.

Merlark said:
Don't see the point, I played when the server first launched when it was packed to the gills, the only zone with players swarming around was the main space station. other than that it was pretty much a single player MMO. you ran around with your companion spending most of your time in private story line mission.

What is the point of this?

To make the trading hub more crowded?
You can't do end game content without people to do it with.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Good, last time I played the servers were empty and dead most of the time.

The only people I ran into were those at the space station and perhaps in major cities.

Otherwise it was just like a single player game.

Though, to be honest, I doubt this is enough to save this game.