The oldest members you know

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I've been wondering for awhile (other then me) who are some of the oldest members you know of on The Escapist?

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
The War Cry members have been around for many more years than The Escapist lot.

The 'old guard' these days loosely applies to people from late 2008 to around my time of joining. A sad state of affairs if you ask me.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I've never paid that much attention to people's join dates.. I know there are other people here who joined in '08 though.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
I remember a few people from my old lurking days (years before I joined), all of whom are banned or left now.....

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
I will never be known to the common member. I just don't post enough :( . Much like the OP.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
orangebandguy said:
The 'old guard' these days loosely applies to people from late 2008 to around my time of joining. A sad state of affairs if you ask me.
I dunno, if you look around you'll see plenty of people from early 2008 and back, not withstanding that a few are on second accounts for various reasons...

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I don't even remember now. I remember a lot of the older members I throughly enjoyed were banned ages ago.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
I think that'd have to be Joe (That's the original Joe, not UltraJoe.). Although I was only around on his way out. I can't remember off the top of my head, but that group of oldies from 2007/8 certainly hold weight. Some are even admins now.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Know of?
Probably Archon.
But I've actually interacted with manaman
So an 07 member. Hooray.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by know. Know as in know extremely well, know a little bit, know of vaguely or just remember seeing that one time?

Anyway, I'm probably going have to say Labyrinth. Of all the people who joined before I did I probably know her the most, maybe.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Don't know, but there was a dude taht posted the other day that had 2 posts and he joined in 2006 or 2007. Now that's a lurker.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I don't know, I would assume the ones with the most posts are the ones who have been here the most.

tjb32995

Apr 7, 2009
ive been watching escapist vids for far longer than when i should have joined like right around the time yahtzee joined in augest 2007

Aug 25, 2009
Furburt said:
I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like this.
Of all the users in the all the forums in all the Escapist, I never thought I'd have to bring this out on you.

You are never the only one, ever.

Anywho!

I don't really know any of the older members. Though I do recognise their posts, I don't know them well enough to think, 'oh, there's someone I know!' So while I am aware of older users, I don't know them, just that they post things.

Did that make sense? I'm tired...

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Eh, I don't pay attention. A member is a member, so none really stand out. Well, maybe a few.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
jaammiie said:
I will never be known to the common member. I just don't post enough :( . Much like the OP.
agreed. saw someone that had more posts than me in less the half the time. there are 2 ways to get noticed, post an insane amount so you pop up everywhere or have some weird, unique avatar that is recognizable. a lot of people on here i recognize due to their avatar rather that their name (wavy, colour-flashing lizard type thing / a spiral blue/orange firework type thing / a yin yang that revolves over itself come to mind).