Shadowsole

May 17, 2009
"Why did you dye you heir more red?"

(My hair is dyed red not orange)

My eyebrows are brown...

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
"Excuse me, do you work here?"

No ma'am I'm just wearing a walkytalky, name tag and shelving books because I like to communicate in a restricted vocal medium, be easy to identify by total strangers, and well what can I say shelving and alphabetical organization really rev my engine

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
"Will you help me solve this mathematical problem?" usually followed by "Why are you such a jerk?".

Huh. Actually, maybe that's a problem with me, not the people who ask that.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
People asking me with tech help, I'm asked for help in my IT class more than the teacher.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
"Why are you an Atheist?"
Because, I don't want to follow a god that made humans speak different languages so we can't work together, along with the other stories of violence and hate.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
It's not really a question that bothers me. (After all, I couldn't get angry every time someone asked how to spell my last name. That would be silly.) However, it does get a bit irritating occasionally when people have a really, really hard time spelling my last name even though it's a simple English word. I actually had a conversation once that went like this:

Lady writing my name, "How do you spell that?"
Me, "Like the box."
*blank stare*
"You know, a pine box?"
*dear in headlights look*
"C-O-F-F-I-N"

Then she wrote down Coffman. Okay, granted the joke was terrible, but I spelled it out for her. It's not like she was going to end up in one just for writing it down.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:
ash-brewster said:
Why do you have a girls name?(Again I don't, Ashley is accepted for both genders)
Huh. Well... that's news to me. Never in my life have I heard of a dude named Ashley. And I've watched Joss Whedon shows, where everyone has a weird name, and several men have girl's names (see Angel's Lindsay and Firefly's Jayne).

Go figure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley

Habakkuk

Nov 19, 2010
Shroomhell said:
Habakkuk said:
"Have you seen my child?" and "Why are you covered in blood?"
Usualy in that order.
what does Habakkuk mean, and where did you get it from?
Habakkuk was an 8th century BC prophet who predicted the Babylonion invasion of Judah. He also predicted the Babylonian downfall at the hands of the Macadonians and the return of the Jewish people from excile at this time.

His prophecy became the 34th book in the old testiment and, in my oppinion, is incredably underated.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
"Is it in yet" >_<
That and your avatar together made me laugh!

OT: "Are you gay?" I have nothing wrong with gay people it is just people always assume I am gay because of how I walk. When I was younger I hurt me heels somehow and I walked on my tip-toes for a while and now people say that I have a "dainty" walk rather than a normal guy walk. So irritating! And another thing....
"What's wrong with your brother?" He is bipolar and from time to time his meds get changed and he starts to act up again and people look at him like he's some wacko. I can usually calm him down but that question bugs me.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Simply, for me, it's the same question worded in two or more different variations.

They all boil down to, "Can you fix my computer?"

Now, normally this wouldn't bother me. However, since so many people keep asking me so frequently, it begins to irritate. Couple that with the fact that these same people, no matter how many times I explain things or try to teach them good computing/web surfing habits, they continue to epically fuck up their systems. I usually find them riddled with viruses, ad-ware and other mal-wares, corrupt registries, and totally buggered OS settings.
Then, after I go through the lengthy process of restoring their machines (more often then not requiring a full format and reinstall), it takes maybe a month before they start having "problems" again. If it weren't for the fact that these people were my friends, family, and co-workers, I'd tell them to f*** off at this point.

Then again, maybe I should start charging by the hour. Hmmm.....

[/edit] This reminds me of something else that bugs the hell out of me on this very topic. It's not a question I'm asked but rather a habit I see so many people adhere to. One that makes my job VERY, VERY God damn hard. I won't go into a lengthy rant about it. I'll just say the lines of advice I give to people in the aforementioned situation:
1: Keep the disks.
2: Keep the manuals.
3: Keep the registration/serial keys.
4: Remember your passwords.
5: RTFM
OH GOD YES.
That's the reason I stopped fixing computers for others. I don't like to rage for multiple hours just because I took a look into their system.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Mr Pantomime said:
People seem to have the oddest misconception that gay guys are completely desperate and would fuck any other gay guy.
Yeah it really is very irritating. It's like we're not allowed to have 'types' of guys we go for. For us it has to be anything with a penis and a pulse.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Kukakkau said:
So what is that one question that everytime you meet someone new etc they always have to ask you, that really annoys you?

For me it's "Do you manicure your nails?" - my nails are naturally bright white when they get longer and everyone always asks me this.

Also little less common is "did you straighten your hair?" - I always get asked this if I shower before going out since it makes my hair look different and I always frown on guys using straighteners to get "that look" they love so much

And imagine both of them being asked in judging tones
I suppose it would have to be:

"Hey, what kind of meat is this in the fridge?"

"Um, certainly not delicious human meat! Er, beef I mean. Yeah, beef."

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
your single cuz your a serial killer with no emotions!
dexter ftw.

Ot:why did you gain so much weight? cuz i went straight from the hospital to a mental hospital, having no exersize for six months doesnt make you slim fucktard.

Then:what did you do? ugh.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
"Is it in yet" >_<
Oh snap!

OT: "Are we there yet?"

Does it fucking look like we are there yet?!

Edit: Or,

"Where is the last place you put it?"

..If I knew that, I wouldn't be looking for it, now would I?

Ocoton

Sep 25, 2010
"Are you wearing lipstick?"

No, god fucking dammit, I have naturally red lips that shine if they get any fucking moisture on them whatsoever. Why would an unshaved, hairy bastard like myself go to the effort of wearing lipstick anyway. Oh, that and "Why is your hair so long?" I don't know, perhaps this isn't the 1914s and men can grow their hair out without being cross-dressers or gay.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
ash-brewster said:
Why do you dye your hair that black?( I don't obviously)
Why do you have a girls name?(Again I don't, Ashley is accepted for both genders)
if anything, i'd say Ashley is a boys name, not a girls name.

OT: i don't really get asked much. i don't talk about my past very much and don't really like to so when people do ask about i don't really like it.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
did roman pay he debts off yet? im really sorry i had to :p vlad is a cool name tho, im just stuck with boring jake D: