the one thing that really bugs me about GTA 5 (definite spoilers of about half way through)

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
It's all worth it. I raged hard when I did Trevor's heist (I stole that device thing from Merryweather...and then had to give it back) and ended up not getting 20 mil. But even having finished the game without dying that often (So I kept a fair amount of money) and not spending much, I still can't afford the golf course, which is 150mil. I assume you can take money from multiplayer and inject it into single player. Either that, or we simply won't be able to afford those things until some DLC comes out where we do another few big heists and get more money. Which would be incredibly annoying.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Yeah, plus there aren't really enough heists. I love setting them up, choosing a crew, feeling like I'm in a heist movie. But I would like to make some more cash for sure, I need to buy that aircraft hanger down at LSI.
Reaper195 said:
or we simply won't be able to afford those things until some DLC comes out where we do another few big heists and get more money. Which would be incredibly annoying.
Oh gosh I hope not. Seeing as how my PS3 just randomly up and blew out its network adapter or something. I can get an IP address but no matter how many times I change DNS addresses I still get the fucking 80710102 code. I've literally changed up every setting on both the PS3 network configuration and my router. So now I can't get to the PS store.

Nathan Shurts

Sep 24, 2013
well I was a bit disappointed with the story myself but I expected the story to fall short with all the work they have done with the gta online part of the game if you like online multiplayer games this is where you will spend the most time they say over 500 missions available from day one and 100 character levels guys the story was not what rockstar went over the top with but gta online will be huge

MrN4

Sep 24, 2013
First I want to start off by saying I love Rockstar and almost all of the games they've created I'm either a fan
of or have purchased and enjoyed. I'd like to thank them for creating realistic free roam games that make this
guys life a whole lot more livable let me tell ya. Now with that said, the GTA V single player campaign has
got to be the BIGGEST LET DOWN IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE SERIES thus far! I mean compared to its predecessors its
like a front kick to the chops! It has a smaller map less missions less side missions less entry locations and
fewer safe houses. I mean for crying out loud IT ONLY HAS 1 F'N STRIP CLUB! 1! You play as a wannabe L7 a
psychopath and a black guy who drives a car like an Asian. Seriously? Their special abilities even suck! And
to make matters worst they actually had the audacity to make taking a YOGA class part of the storyline. The
game itself just lacks substance altogether and if you played through the other titles its as predictable as an
80's horror film. There's a lot of good things about the game too (the heists, the vehicle mods, Trevor's
facial expressions) but with the time it would take to compose a list of the bad you could have BEATEN THE GAME
TWICE. You'll spend more time waiting for it to download to your hard drive than you will playing it. I just
really hope Rockstar has plans of releasing DLC with a new map or 2 maybe 3. Definitely more missions because
it'd be awesome to plan your own heists and get bigger scores? Hell, I'd be happy with just having a few more
entry locations to wreak havoc in. That and another strip club... but beggers cant be choosers. Lastly all
this talk about GTA V ONLINE and how its gonna be sooo great reminds me of my sex life, its only good when your
with someone else and if you have an XBox 360... you gotta pay for it.

--In my Danny Mcbride voice--

BlackJimmy

Jun 13, 2013
So far the Heists in general bug me.
The aformentioned lack of payment for most of them, and the fact that I'm not getting to use these 4-5 new crew members I'v managed to accumilate.
I'm actually on the car jacking mission myself now (restarted it half way through) and the Jewelery Store Heist has been my favourite mission so far. This time I went through with all the weakest crew and still got out with all the money :D

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah the heist payoff is total crap. It's a game about robbing shit, preferable banks, but instead I'm now on the 3rd heist and I've only gotten a payoff on one. The third is spend on a helicopter for the fourth heist. They need to add some banks and other high value stores which can be robbed over and over after a set amount of time.

Freddie Smith

Sep 25, 2013
FYI the 1 player part of GTA 5 is simply a teaser to introduce you to gta and the new mechanics,, what you are all awaiting is the GTA online with over 500 missions,and push towards mmo status and im sure allot the old san andra features like gyms ect ect,, i think its better they leave us waiting as all you haters will go back to cod, bloody good job Rock game is perfect sofar :) just hurry with online :))

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
Elfgore said:
Yeah the heist payoff is total crap. It's a game about robbing shit, preferable banks, but instead I'm now on the 3rd heist and I've only gotten a payoff on one. The third is spend on a helicopter for the fourth heist. They need to add some banks and other high value stores which can be robbed over and over after a set amount of time.
Stocks seem to be their focus for gaining money...but who the fuck wants to haggle over stocks in a GTA game?
And that's just a stupid on Rockstar's part. I didn't buy GTA 5 to play the stock market, we all know why we bought it. I understand you can control the flow of it by Lester's assassination missions, but still... it's stupid and I rather earn my money in a CRIMINAL fashion rather than buying low, selling high.

Sep 29, 2013
The trick to being able to afford the Golf Course is to wait to do Franklin's assassination missions for Lester until the end. You can invest all the money Franklin has into the stock market for the people he's going to kill and making a killing (no pun intended) in the stock market. This is the quickest way to get enough money to buy the place.

Can't say much else to the glitches in the game though. I guess you could try to contact customer support to see if there is a way to fix or counteract the glitch.

benwelch97

Oct 1, 2013
Yeah I did the assassination missions after the main story and when I did complete the main story I followed steps from this website
http://dadshideout.com/index.php?topic=23235.0 (SPOILERS SPOILERS)
I made $1.45 billion following these steps. I had $36 million with each character at the end of the game which is actually only 65 missions because the assassination missions count as though they're part of the main story even though they're not.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
shootthebandit said:
So ive been playing quite a bit and must be half way through. Currently at the point where im stealing those cars for the rich FIB dude and it seems that all ive done so far (barring the first jewel heist) has been shit jobs for other people with shit pay. Dont get me wrong theres loads of mission variety and i loved the maryweather heist but i didnt get paid for it. Im lucky i got the cargobob and sub first try (more by luck than judgement) or else i wouldve wasted a shit ton on hospital fees to get no return on the heist

Franklin even makes a comment about going full circle back to car repos.

I want to know (without being to specific) if it starts to pick up a bit in the second half. Hopefully the rest of the missions are all big heists. Im hoping theyve done this deliberately to build up to an amazing second half. Also with there only being 69 missions it seems a bit short. Considering all the heist set up counts as a mission the count goes up fairly quickly.
The thing is that's how pretty much all the GTA's play out. For the most part, you've ALWAYS got some monkey on your back...often times more than one. The game is about biding your time until you're ready to shake those monkeys off your back and start making your own way.

It could be argued that the final heist in the game makes up for the lack of pay with the other heists (since the three main characters all become multi millionaires by the end of it), but really your only chance of making a LOT of money is to save all the Lester assassination missions until the very end once you've got a crap-ton of money to play the stock market to your advantage with those missions.

Because of that, I'm already thinking about starting a new game since I did the Lester missions as they became available and didn't invest in the companies he mentioned would profit from the missions. That's pretty much the only way I can see buying the Golf Course, for instance, which has the hefty price-tag of $150 million. Gotta be careful though, according to an article that was on this website today, there is a maximum amount of cash you can have - a little over 2 billion - before a glitch kicks in and rolls you into NEGATIVE 2 billion, essentially ensuring that character's financial life is officially dead and buried at the center of the earth.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
trty00 said:
RJ 17 said:
shootthebandit said:
So ive been playing quite a bit and must be half way through. Currently at the point where im stealing those cars for the rich FIB dude and it seems that all ive done so far (barring the first jewel heist) has been shit jobs for other people with shit pay. Dont get me wrong theres loads of mission variety and i loved the maryweather heist but i didnt get paid for it. Im lucky i got the cargobob and sub first try (more by luck than judgement) or else i wouldve wasted a shit ton on hospital fees to get no return on the heist

Franklin even makes a comment about going full circle back to car repos.

I want to know (without being to specific) if it starts to pick up a bit in the second half. Hopefully the rest of the missions are all big heists. Im hoping theyve done this deliberately to build up to an amazing second half. Also with there only being 69 missions it seems a bit short. Considering all the heist set up counts as a mission the count goes up fairly quickly.
The thing is that's how pretty much all the GTA's play out. For the most part, you've ALWAYS got some monkey on your back...often times more than one. The game is about biding your time until you're ready to shake those monkeys off your back and start making your own way.

It could be argued that the final heist in the game makes up for the lack of pay with the other heists (since the three main characters all become multi millionaires by the end of it), but really your only chance of making a LOT of money is to save all the Lester assassination missions until the very end once you've got a crap-ton of money to play the stock market to your advantage with those missions.

Because of that, I'm already thinking about starting a new game since I did the Lester missions as they became available and didn't invest in the companies he mentioned would profit from the missions. That's pretty much the only way I can see buying the Golf Course, for instance, which has the hefty price-tag of $150 million. Gotta be careful though, according to an article that was on this website today, there is a maximum amount of cash you can have - a little over 2 billion - before a glitch kicks in and rolls you into NEGATIVE 2 billion, essentially ensuring that character's financial life is officially dead and buried at the center of the earth.
If I may, I would strongly recommend reading this article: http://www.tradeindetectives.com/blog/daily-hint-grand-theft-auto-gta-v-how-to-make-money/

I did the same thing and saved the final four assassination missions for the end. I ended up with approximately 1.6 billion dollars for all three protagonists, and you don't need any more than that, trust me. It works wonders, but that's only if you can get through the strip club doors of course...
Yeah...it was purely by the grace of god that I was able to finish the game. As luck would have it, I ended up loading up the game as Trevor spawning inside the strip club..........but the mission marker wasn't there. So I switched to Franklin then right back to Trevor and the final mission started right up.

But yeah, I figured once you get a billion dollars you really don't need money anymore, that should be more than enough to buy every property in the game and still have plenty of change left over. So when I start up my new game, I'll definitely be playing the markets with Lester's missions.

Gordon Burwood

Nov 9, 2013
I am getting a bit cheesed off as I am not getting the payout from the final heist..... Have spent hours in real time since and reloaded to pre end missions ie ends kill choices.... Spent hours on it and no payout.... Anyone know why.... Last mission done was foundry mission where they smelt gold and tank the private mercenary squad etc.... Pls help