The Opportunist

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I red the last 10 pages of this strip....this comics still makes no sense to me.
Whats its purpose? Its barely funny either...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Apparently regret and commiseration are also in the eye of the beholder.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Swyftstar said:
He should just let her go and be done with it. I'm sick of her and the pace of this story.
Then stop reading it? People like you make me laugh. You dislike something yet you keep reading it and then complain about how you don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine, your opinion. But if you dislike it, just stop reading it, no one's forcing you to read it at gunpoint.

OT: Why has Tris' black eyes healed already?
Well first of all I'm glad I make you laugh. If I can make just one person happy then I've done my job. Second of all, I didn't say I disliked the story, I'm complaining about the pace of it and about Erin's attitude, something a lot of people are doing but apparantly you liked my post the best.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Devoneaux said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Sejborg said:
Just kill her off already, and get on with it!!!
Yes! Get on with it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

not entirely sure how you just embed it.
It's okay. I knew what video clip it was before I even clicked on it. Haha god I love me some Monty python.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
antipunt said:
saintdane05 said:
Ha! Its a medusa head! I get it!
I don't...

.__.

>_>

No really, wat?
In Castlevania, Medusa Heads move in a wave pattern. They always hit you right when you are on ledges, and they WILL knock you into cliffs.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
The previous comic was called "Upskirt", and then this one is called "The Opportunist" my mind was somewhere else

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Azmael Silverlance said:
I red the last 10 pages of this strip....this comics still makes no sense to me.
Whats its purpose? Its barely funny either...
Is that all you've read of it? I can understand that opinion then. You see, Critical Miss has taken a bit of a turn for the "serious" lately, which isn't what is normally portrayed. Usually there isn't even an actual plot like there is at the moment. I personally like this arc, but I can definitely see how it might be confusing to someone who doesn't know the setting, characters, or exposition.

I'd start at the beginning if you want an accurate idea of what this webcomic is about. Fairly certain this arc will wrap up soon enough and be on to business as usual. Also, you get to see how much the artwork has improved since issue #1.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.
It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.
Well I wouldn't really call Kratos and Duke Nukem "good guys."
Shush you, they have good intentions.
They do? Kratos was deliberately destroying the beings that held the world in check in his last title, because he was all grumpy at his dad. Duke isn't quite as bad, but doesn't exactly have a "I'm trying to do good" kind of feel, so much as a "I'm trying to save whores and strippers so that they'll be ingratiated towards me" drive. That's hardly a good intention.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
BehattedWanderer said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.
It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.
They do? Kratos was deliberately destroying the beings that held the world in check in his last title, because he was all grumpy at his dad. Duke isn't quite as bad, but doesn't exactly have a "I'm trying to do good" kind of feel, so much as a "I'm trying to save whores and strippers so that they'll be ingratiated towards me" drive. That's hardly a good intention.
As opposed to a purely evil being? And everyone has a dickish impulse in them, Erin more than most.

Besides, what's your theory?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
As opposed to a purely evil being? And everyone has a dickish impulse in them, Erin more than most.

Besides, what's your theory?
On the comic, or my own dickish impulses? I'll assume you mean the comic. I watched Fight Club again awhile back, and read the comic while thinking about it, and so far it still works with the parallel I drew between them. She's recognized her life needs to change, but can't do it on her own, creates this dude, and has a back and forth between watching her creation, and being her creation acting for a change, regardless whether it's the desired change. In terms of pacing, I don't mind, since it is a comic, and we get a single page every 4 days or so, and complaining that a narrative is saying on schedule is kind of silly, especially since the parallels are still so strong. Not all protagonists are nice, after all, and Erin is certainly a protagonist that causes that to be known.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
It's a reference to Castlevania. In Castlevania, Medusa Heads are dreaded enemies because they often appear when you're doing some platforming on some rather small platforms, they move in an erratic pattern, and they substitute 'damage' for 'I'm gonna knock you into the insta-death pits.'

Hence, "the patron saint of bottomless pits appears." I'm actually kinda depressed that I got the joke when I haven't even played a Castlevania game.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ThunderCavalier said:
canadamus_prime said:
It's a reference to Castlevania. In Castlevania, Medusa Heads are dreaded enemies because they often appear when you're doing some platforming on some rather small platforms, they move in an erratic pattern, and they substitute 'damage' for 'I'm gonna knock you into the insta-death pits.'

Hence, "the patron saint of bottomless pits appears." I'm actually kinda depressed that I got the joke when I haven't even played a Castlevania game.
Yes yes, I know it's a Medusa Head from Castlevania. And I'm more or less familiar with the Medusa Heads even though I was never into Castlevania.
I just didn't get their relevance to this comic at first, I get it now though.